Devils CHL Preview

SteveKing

Great stuff as usual, Aled. Maybe that Krefeld game has gotten me too optimistic (which is hard to do I might add!) but I honestly think we'll be a very tough test for these three Euro teams. I think they'll take us lightly and Lordo will have the Devils fired up. Our d corps can skate at that level now and if Bownsy performs the way he can, we've got a chance in any game. We've got three scoring lines this year and a fourth line that can deliver energy, physicality and can skate a regular shift. So disappointed that I can't be there this weekend but hopefully I'll find a way to get the feed. So many of these guys have worked so hard for so many years, I'm just so happy for a guy like Andrew Lord to be able to go out and compete on a world stage.

Jonesy83

After seeing the way we played last night I think we are going to give the teams in our group a lot more than they bargained for.

Wannabe2

We certainly will be a tough test, of that I am sure, this tight group is just that, tight, we have a very good mixture in this squad, I thoroughly enjoyed what I watched last night, yes it's going to be tougher, but I think we can handle that. And for sure this excercise is going to hold us in good stead for our domestic season, who really knows what 20 odd young men can achieve when all reading off the same page. So come on lads 60 minutes of showing what we are all about, I like many others have total faith in you guys, play like we can and the rest will look after itself.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

I'm sure the other teams are now trying to do some research on the Devils players. It may be that not having footage of the game last night may well give us the edge we need on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aled and Gaz did a ton of work behind the scenes to produce this.

I don't really get technology. Electricity still seems like some sort of dark art to me.

Mainly because we don't have any other friends, Gaz, Aled and myself would like to get together on a weekly basis to do this if there is an audience for it.

I should just say that this is in no way meant to be an alternative to Red Army Round-up. The guys who produce that do a great show which I always enjoy listening too. The more coverage of the Devils the better. Hopefully we can compliment each other and maybe collaborate?

Cheers,

John

Lol!! Davos will win by at least 2/3 same with vajko laxers guys there on another level to us...
We could beat the other team in the group though..

Lol!! Davos will win by at least 2/3 same with vajko laxers guys there on another level to us...
I'm not so sure.

Anybody can beat anybody on the night, especially when different styles converge, add hunger into the mix, could go our way. It would be better had these games arrived in a few months time, that will be an issue for sure. I'm certainly not going to write off the Devils chances.

Devil_Abroad

Aled and Gaz did a ton of work behind the scenes to produce this.

I don't really get technology. Electricity still seems like some sort of dark art to me.

Mainly because we don't have any other friends, Gaz, Aled and myself would like to get together on a weekly basis to do this if there is an audience for it.

I should just say that this is in no way meant to be an alternative to Red Army Round-up. The guys who produce that do a great show which I always enjoy listening too. The more coverage of the Devils the better. Hopefully we can compliment each other and maybe collaborate?

Cheers,

John
About time!

drainage

As someone who went to Tilberg in 1994 to play 3 games expecting a loss in all and we won the 2 games against the Russians don't ever write games off ....will it be tough ? are we over the moon yes are we are in the mix yes! It's going to be a blast !

The wife is wondering who the guy in the middle is and why he can't come home at night instead of me! Great job as always.

Devils working so hard - i'm proud of them. However, just over 2 weeks into training camp, fatigue and foot speed not quite up to the required pace is resulting in penalties. Penalties are resulting in goals. Add to that we have 2 new d-pairings that are 'building relationships' meaning that communication and understanding is perhaps not quite there. The fact that they have offensive mind-sets sometimes means the pinches and coverage aren't great. It will get better quickly under Lordo.

We will be far better for this experience. Again, proud of the guys and really enjoying the insight into Lordo's calmness and organisation on the bench.

As someone who went to Tilberg in 1994 to play 3 games expecting a loss in all and we won the 2 games against the Russians don't ever write games off ....will it be tough ? are we over the moon yes are we are in the mix yes! It's going to be a blast !
Told you these guys are just too fast and good for us..

I'm not so sure.

Anybody can beat anybody on the night, especially when different styles converge, add hunger into the mix, could go our way. It would be better had these games arrived in a few months time, that will be an issue for sure. I'm certainly not going to write off the Devils chances.

Another person who thought we had a chance haha..
it's a great experience but something I don't like going into as we will be lucky to win one game