Devils Vs Krefeld Pinguine - Sun 20 Aug 2017 / 6:00pm

Pondlife

Thread starter #1
What do the panel think?

Finished 10th, 13th and 14th out of 14 in DEL over the past 3 seasons.

Roster of 24 comprising of 13 Germans, 5 US/CA and 6 Europeans.

Average age just over 26.

Incidentally, I am over in Germany now and asked my colleague about Krefeld. He said it's in the mining area of the country but it's not a big place.

Last edited:
Krefeld are a good team, not the best and certainly not a team Devils should be predicting to beat them. Roster is compromised of some real big, tough guys along with some shorter but very aggressive guys. Playing the hitting game with them was quite effective though. They didn't handle it too well and there were handbags quite often tonight.

They're quick too and pretty solid at the back. We had very few opportunities to break through the defence at the centre, pushed us to the wings probably 90% of the time.

They will be playing a slightly different roster against you guys than they did tonight against us, if the Krefeld PR is anything to go by. However, that won't mean they will be taking it easy. They're a good team, deserve to be treated as such but shouldn't be seen as a mountain of a task to get a result against.

Panthers played very well, dominated on the forecheck and punished most of their forwards when trying to break through our defence, which they didn't like. We had several periods of play which they failed to handle well, out passed them a fair few times and outshot them by a fairly good margin I believe.

Their fans, similar to their players. Aggressive and a bit sore. Both times Panthers scored, around 20-30 of their large group of fans would aim abusive gestures at both our fans and player, then when they scored they would take their tops off and essentially show their muscle. Post game, the arena had to have about 6-10 stewards to keep them from starting anything with our fans, a lot of 'come on then' and abuse thrown. The Police did turn up in a riot van to see what was going on and left after about 15 minutes. They're good for chanting and singing but the majority are not the friendly fans we're used to seeing so I just thought I'd let you guys know. There are, thankfully, another group of their fans who are as polite and friendly as you'd expect, which is promising!

terry hunt

There is an interview with the Krefeld coach on the Panthers website.He confirms what Panther8 has said namely that they are a physical /aggresive side.
This could be interesting for the Devils and fans to see how our team deal with this approach.

solelace84

I'm gutted to be missing the game tonight as I'm in Cornwall. The highlights from their game in Nottingham looked seriously feisty. Wish there was a webcast... damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gonna be one hell of a game, I'm glad our team has made some very good changes this yr, l fully believe we'll excel against this side, although fitness, being in pre season, is likely to be a big factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's an awesome advert for the EIHL, the fact that teams from this league are challenging teams from the top leagues in Europe and winning! Hopefully the Devils can get a win tonight - just gutted I won't see it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

Can see Faryna and Batch dropping them tonight ..
To be honest if Krefeld play as they did last night in Nottingham I can definitely see Faryna, Batch (hopefully) as well as probably Louis and Lord, and possibly Hothham and maybe Paris? and Pope? all getting involved??.