Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

Gospel

The Devils have been shambolic at times tonight defensively. Turn over, give aways, trying smart arse passes that havent worked & a lot in our own D zone.

Some of our forwards couldnt hit a barn door with a shot tonight to.

Big 3rd period need if we want to win this game.

jenks33

I actually think Bowns has made some good saves overall but he would certainly want two goals back. The first goal is very soft - Richie was slow to spot Armstrong and then Bowns gets beaten at his near post.

mjh

First period, Sheffield were poor. They've dominated since and look far more confident than the devils. This one could get away from us quickly in the third. Come on boys!

Jonesy83

The refs missed 3 blatant penalties against Steelers in that 3rd period, how they didn’t get called I don’t know.
Sadly some soft goals let in again by Bownsy.

I thought we were the better team for the majority of the game.

Kevin roog

the battle of the abysmal defences is over. Should have won I think. No shame losing to champions elect though . Who’s swap vallerand for bentinogoalio

Gospel

Thats a game we should have won, but too many defensive mistakes mainly made by ourselves cost us. I agree that i think Bowns would want at least 2 of those goals back.

We are currently relying on 2 or 3 players offensively to score & Haddad & Dixon are carrying this team at present.

Entertaining game though.

jenks33

Thats a game we should have won, but too many defensive mistakes mainly made by ourselves cost us. I agree that i think Bowns would want at least 2 of those goals back.

We are currently relying on 2 or 3 players offensively to score & Haddad & Dixon are carrying this team at present.

Entertaining game though.
I dread to think where we’d be without Haddad this season. He’s outstanding every weekend

Hedd Wyn John

Devils played well but our D just wasn't at the races in those key moments where it mattered. We grafted like crazy for our goals but then give up 1 or 2 soft ones which against a quality team like the Steelers sank us. That said there were at least 3 blatant penalties that the refs missed which had they been called could have changed things completely. Hard lines Devils hard lines.

Mazzoak

Same story different week, no surprises. Maybe the owners should’ve stretched their trip, we’d maybe have got more effort tonight.

Great atmosphere and a good game, Refs missed a load of calls which is obviously frustrating. Bownsy didn't have a great night again.
Lets hope Belfast do us a good one and beat Sheffield tomorrow and we beat Dundee.