Devils v Panthers - Sun 12 Feb 2017 - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

The DEVILS will be all set to tame those Panthers or in reality PussyCats.

With the game looking like another sellout your choice is limited to he 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service , which as normall will call the game based on what our band of texters report, all this at t the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Alternatively IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

ASHIPP

Two words: David Clarke
He's finally back from a lengthy injury
and already scoring points in every game since.
Whilst Panthers have Williams and Dimmen out, they pulled off a terricic result against Steelers last night.

Panthers' confidence will be hight tonight. No night off for the Devils, no foot off the pedal and some great motivation for playing angry

Gough60

Panties have to play squealers on Tuesday in their semi final second leg, away and a goal down (sound familiar).
I would love to think that game is more important to them than a league game that 2 points would mean very little. I know that they are professional sportsmen and probably not the case.(i am not that green) Though their rivalry with the tangerine troop would suggest that beating them in the house of rust would be motivation.

Slartibartfast

The gap between the Devils and their opposition has looked big the last few games. We outclassed Coventry last night and made the Panthers look mediocre tonight. This bodes well leading up to the end of the season. We are peaking at just the right time and we were already top of the league.
Bownsy was outstanding tonight as was Haddad. Great all round performance. Keep it up and bring those trophies home

august04

It's been great to have a relatively stress free couple of wins this weekend while our rivals have both dropped points. Devils didn't really get out of 2nd gear in both games and looked very comfortable, which bodes well for the run in. Congrats to Panthers on winning the Continental Cup but I do question the standard of teams in that competition because that's one of the poorest Nottingham teams I've seen for quite a while. I usually love watching our match ups but they're toothless this year.

Russky

Another great four point weekend topped off by Fife, doing us a massive favour tonight and putting ALL the pressure next weekend on Belfast, who daren't come away from the two games against us without two wins. I said earlier in the week I hope this is the start of Belfast's blip in form which hopefully will continue beyond next weekend.

Wannabe2

If I could pick one word to describe Devils tonight, it would be SUBLIME, watching our team playing tonight was truelly joyous. Panthers beat Steelers last night to show they ain't no mugs, but tonight they were chasing shadows, and as the saying goes, you can't hit, what you can't see. Thanks guys for giving us a season to be truelly thankful for, seeing this club back where it should be is one amazing experience.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Gough60

They weren't so toothless when they tore us a new one earlier in the season (8-0 at home).
After that performance I stand by by earlier post. Bad that some pantie fans travelled and paid to watch
Their team steer clear of any trouble in view of Tuesday's game.(in my opinion).
We did look very comfortable in defence and in transition to attack. Great 4 point weekend and the added bonus giant's slip back.

Job done in the first period more or less, after that I thought it was quite a scrappy and sloppy game from both sides that won't live long in the memory, another 2 points though with players hitting form and a sense of them starting to enjoy it again

august04

They weren't so toothless when they tore us a new one earlier in the season (8-0 at home).
After that performance I stand by by earlier post. Bad that some pantie fans travelled and paid to watch
Their team steer clear of any trouble in view of Tuesday's game.(in my opinion).
We did look very comfortable in defence and in transition to attack. Great 4 point weekend and the added bonus giant's slip back.
Luckily, that was the one home game I missed this year and probably due more to the Devils having one of those nights to forget. I have to say, I haven't been impressed by them at all this season yet they've had a few blowout wins against both us and Sheffield. Apart from goaltending, they look short in every department. Great weekend for the Devils though, and 2 wins against Belfast next weekend would be most welcome!

ASHIPP

Great 4 point weekend again....take that anyway you can. Devils can only play what's in front of them.
After p1 think the Panthers realised they were not going to get anywhere without a battle - Devils just crowded them out.

Have a feeling also that this game is relatively meaningless to panthers - they are not league challengers this year. But they do have a crucial game on Tuesday which could see them in CC Final.....so perhaps conserving energy and avoiding adding to injury.

What was great to see tonight from the Devils was all those simple little details coming together in a team performance - good positioning, crisp passing, net screening, defensive responsibilty and high levels of energy and concentration...and a fantastic goalie performance.

That amazing result for Devils in Belfast on Wednesday has given them renewed confidencce and freedom.

Finny

First period was sensational. It was like being on a 20 min powerplay at times. Can't wait to see the replays of those goals.

Rest of game we eased up, arguably a bit too much. Bowns earned his shutout with some phenomenal saves, though you always felt we had several gears to move through if we needed it.

Add in Sheffield losing Sat and Belfast Sun and it's a near perfect weekend.

Great result although a disappointing game in terms of entertainment. Devils wrapped it up in the first and the Panthers didn't step up to the plate. Good forechecking and defense saw out the win. Big weekend coming up but Devils seem to be peaking. Let's go Devils

Pondlife

Great result and a great weekend for the guys. Added to the previous Giants slap down it's a massive shot in the arm for their confidence.

youngbob

Joey Haddad took MOM, well deserved and it takes a lot to take that from Ben's shutout

To me he's been our most consistent player this year, gives everything every game, every shift, and how he can hold on to the puck under pressure is unbelievable

I hope we've already signed him for next year, there must be 9 other clubs (or maybe 11) that would love to take him from us