Devils vs Frölunda - 15 Oct 19 - CHL

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
frolunda3.png

Devils welcome Frölunda to the Viola on Tuesday night. This is a huge game for us and any points will (I think) see us through to the next round. Frölunda gave us a schooling in their barn but hopefully we can make full use of the home advantage for the final test.

kettdevil1

We are a point below Mountfield and two below Folunda so I think we probably need a regulation time win to be sure....

It's unlikely but..... it's brilliant to be in the position to even dream about qualifying and I can't wait to see the CHL champions in our barn.

Swarley

If we can get the entire arena rocking it'll definitely help with keeping the Devils focused on getting things done, I can't wait to be a part of tomorrows experience.

kingmo19.1

Let’s not try to play their game otherwise we’re getting smashed. Ultra physical (within the boundaries of the rules) from the first shift and try to upset them somewhat! Let’s see if we can get to the end of the first period level then take it from there.

RedDevil17

Let’s not try to play their game otherwise we’re getting smashed. Ultra physical (within the boundaries of the rules) from the first shift and try to upset them somewhat! Let’s see if we can get to the end of the first period level then take it from there.
Physicality? You must be joking...we don’t play physical hockey despite lord promising we’ve ‘addressed the physicality’. Doesn’t seem to be the case to me, we’ve barely thrown a check all season!

kingmo19.1

Physicality? You must be joking...we don’t play physical hockey despite lord promising we’ve ‘addressed the physicality’. Doesn’t seem to be the case to me, we’ve barely thrown a check all season!
No doubt it’s all been held back for this game - it’s going to be a check fest :)

Devils86

A regulation win will see us definitely through. An OT win would see us through but only if Graz beat Mountfield in regulation.

Anything else and we don’t progress. Who knows?

Mazzoak

I’m curious as to how we approach this. I agree we need to up the physicality, until l look at the squad, then I’m not so sure we’d gain anything other than penalty minutes and goals against.
I’d keep a defensive stance, limit the inevitable result, take any opportunities that may open up. This will need some clever planning, every guy pumped & on his A game to actually have a chance.
Although after the last meeting, l get the feeling Lord will have been told just make it look good, for the fans and see what happens.

Earnie

For what it is worth, in my view the key is in Defence. The numbers from the last game against them indicate that.
Then, a burst of two Joey magic , assisted by Riley or Pope , when the opportunity arises!!
Whatever happens it will be a night to remember.

jimmy snels

make it a war and knock them about and hopefully put them in a game they aren't used to. we try to out skill them and have defenseman crazily far forward we are toast. dont be friendly to them. offer them to go start and end of every shift. make every hit available. go near bownsy throw them to the wolves in block 13!

Devilsatw

I’m predicting devils to be up for this and the best atmosphere so far this year!!

Although being said I think frolunda win 4-1 god I hope I’m wrong