Dundee Stars v Cardiff Devils - Wed 14 Nov 2017 - League - FO 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

As they say in Game of Thrones the DEVILS have gone over the wall

Due to work and family committments MNL will only be able to cover the 2nd & 3rd periods of the game. Hopefully Russky will be home from work to host MNL from about 8 o'clock.

we would remind you that Dundee do a webcast http://www.dundeestarslive.uk/ for a tenner.

Score predictions plus any other comments welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com

Thread starter #2
NEWS FLASH there will be MNL coverage for the whole game, join me (OJ) from about 7pm for coverage of the 1st period, Russky will take over after he's home from work.

Wannabe2

Only one team played physical tonight and it sure wasn't us. I love my team but we are a bunch of pussies. Tonight's performance was in a word lousy. Why didn't we come out knocking them about, because we don't have it in us.Take Louis out of the line up and we are so soft. I hate the Steelers but they are 10 times tougher than us.

What a waste of £10 that was! Awful awful performance ZERO physicality not one hit all night, out worked all night by a short bench simply ain’t good enough. Also why does lord shorten the bench really early when we are behind? Batch didn’t get a single shift in the third period? Why? Splits up the line of himself, crowder & morrisette when it’s been our best line lately. Baffling tbh!

Wannabe2

We were out of sorts tonight all right, and no onecanargue with that. No one is saying anything about the coach, but we were poor and Lordo will know that big time

jenks33

To be honest I’ve seen us play worse than that away from home and win. It certainly wasn’t good but their 2nd goal took a huge deflection off Strachan and their third goal went in off Levesque’s face. Also, Fullerton is in a purple patch at the moment and made some great saves in the second and third. Bottom line we shouldn’t be losing to a short benched Dundee team but I was certainly more worried after the Manchester and Guildford debacles

ASHIPP

A great hardworking performance by the Stars, inspired by their coach (who was playing tonight) and an excellent showing from their goalie.

We should not expect to win every game but Dundee were missing 7 regular players and still flogged their guts out. The Stars managed a result tonight.They don't have the luxury of running spare imports/injury cover and therefore are unable to ice a virtual full roster every game.

A team challenging at the top for the League title should be able to find systems and skill to beat teams in the the situation Dundee were in tonight.

Very disappointing but can't ignore that a chance to close in on Panthers was missed tonight. No doubt Nottingham will demonstrate exactly why they deserve that No.1 position on Saturday.

Last edited:

The_Puck

Just a bad day in the office FULL STOP Their second and third goals took huge deflections. I trust Lord will overcome this and get 4 points this weekend. ;)

Ocko

Can't win every game. But at least the meltdown on here lightens the mood.

One game doesn't make us a bad team, 'a bunch of pussies' or worse or weaker than Nottingham or Sheffield. Last week we were like watching poetry in motion to some with them man crushing on the players. Don't get too high or too low. Plenty more jubilation and misery to come yet.

kettdevil1

Tough to close a 3-1 defecit in the last 11 minutes or so when the team has to kill 3 minor penalties.
Yep, and the interference one on Faryna was a particularly bad one to take, it killed all momentum.

As others have said, a bad day at the office. Dundee are a classic Pascha side, they have a simple game plan, work their nads off and ride a hot Nettie..... if you are slightly off your game, they will beat you. We didn’t play badly but shooting high at Fullerton didn’t work yet we perservered. Credit to Crowder and Strachan who were the pick of the bunch, apart from that though, not the best game I have ever been to although the Stars fans were, as ever, friendly, good humoured and they make visiting the DIA a pleasure.

jenks33

Tough to close a 3-1 defecit in the last 11 minutes or so when the team has to kill 3 minor penalties.
No way did we lose the game because of the officiating but the Asselin penalty was a poor call. Wilson was letting those go all game (which I liked, let the game flow) and then he calls that in the last 10 minutes. I noticed a few of the Devils players were particularly annoyed by that call.

I’m not convinced with Paris on the powerplay yet to be honest. He’s worth persevering with because he’s got a laser of a shot but he panics a bit for me. You ideally want somebody calm on the blue line that knows when to give it and when to shoot, not sure we’ve seen that yet from him on the PP