Fan Council

davew

I would have thought that the supporters club should be the conduit for fan input.

If we are going to have such a council then it should be clearly made up entirely of fans (or relatives of) NOT already involved with the existing volunteers or red army travel etc.
The council should then report to both the club and the existing supporters "club" in a joint meeting. That way the input is directly from the fanbase and not influenced by, or watered down by the existing fanclub.

As it stands the club might as well just put out a survey directly to ST holders and ask other fans to contribute via email (not twitter or fb - not everyone is registered etc).

Ocko

It's a really great idea. I find it quite funny that we are probably the last club in the leagje that needed this sort of thing. Our management are approachable, if there is an issue they don't hide, they come out and give answers. The owners post on here and Twitter and make themselves available for feedback.

It's a good move. Maybe the club think they are always surrounded by the same people and want a different input. No harm in giving this a try and kudos to the club for potentially putting themselves in the firing line.

Sheincar

Thread starter #4
I would have thought that the supporters club should be the conduit for fan input.

If we are going to have such a council then it should be clearly made up entirely of fans (or relatives of) NOT already involved with the existing volunteers or red army travel etc.
The council should then report to both the club and the existing supporters "club" in a joint meeting. That way the input is directly from the fanbase and not influenced by, or watered down by the existing fanclub.

As it stands the club might as well just put out a survey directly to ST holders and ask other fans to contribute via email (not twitter or fb - not everyone is registered etc).
Normally I'd agree BUT I wonder how many supporters even:
1) realise there's a supporters club OR
2) if they're STH realise they're automatically members?
i've not put myself forward because I think fresh eyes may look at things differently from some of us oldies.

Electro

It's a good idea in principle.

I would say though a monthly meet may mean subjects either repeat or dry up. I would have extended it to every 3 months.

There does not seem much wrong with the Club or the match night experience. The biggest issue tends to be the IAW, either facilities, decor etc etc and that to date is beyond the club.

If it's done right these could become productive meetings, having said that a lot of times it can become one way streets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Thread starter #7
I suspect that they will become less frequent as season goes on. Personally I agree as regards club &match night but I would regard it as an opportunity to feedback rink issues other than wifi such as hot drinks only available in cafe despite there being a coffee machine in the bar.

Diafol

Normally I'd agree BUT I wonder how many supporters even:
1) realise there's a supporters club OR
2) if they're STH realise they're automatically members?
i've not put myself forward because I think fresh eyes may look at things differently from some of us oldies.
I'm a member of the supporters club ?
Well whoever they are, they kept that quiet !
I can remember having "Red Army" cards given out with season tickets once but that was years ago.

Electro

Maybe some different events could be organised, bowling and quiz nights are repetitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Thread starter #10
I'm a member of the supporters club ?
Well whoever they are, they kept that quiet !
I can remember having "Red Army" cards given out with season tickets once but that was years ago.
The year of the "list" you paid to join the supporters club & be added to the list. The following year Ragan believed all STH should be members of supporters club & you automatically became a member at no cost ( other than possibly hidden in ST cost). So far as I'm aware that continues to the present time.

pjj365

I do not see the proposal taking over from CDRA but providing more input to match night experiences. If different social events are wanted then CRDA should be contacted.

I can see the point of widening the consultative channels but given a lot of match night issues centre on the running of IAW I wonder how soon limited ability to influence this will lead to frustration in the new group

I feel a bit left out not being an ST holder. just because I can't afford one or make every game due to living 40+ miles away doesn't mean I don't have some good ideas...Maybe if or when they widen the criteria I could submit to join it...

James

Administrator
I guess it's an easy way to ensure the members of the panel are regular attendees and also can be seen as an added value to the season ticket.

I can agree there but at the same time i don't. Wouldn't a not so regular fan also be able to point out things regular fans might miss. (not that I'm saying they do, just using that as an example) and does only ST holders reflect the opinion of the whole fan Base? Anyway what games I can't attend I watch online or follow MNL. :)

Looking forward tonight! :)

DevilDom

Definitely hope fans not normally involved with the club get involved with this and there are some fresh opinions. I think we are now blessed with probably the best management in the league however I also think we as fans need to constantly challenge them to continuosly improve the club and match night experience. We also have lots of very dedicated fans who act as match night volunteers and help the club out in various other roles but also in doing so become perhaps too close to feel like they can raise issues so I for one welcome this with open arms and think it can only help to build on the fantastic steps made in recent years.

Why not put up suggestion boxes in various noticeable positions around the arena and an online one so all fans can have an input? Empty them out at the meetings, discuss the sensible ones, discard the crap. As electro said, a monthly meeting could result in ideas/input becoming stale or repetitive.