Food and drink not aloud?

Hockeymad

Thread starter #1
I thought we was all told no food or drink allowed into the arena?

Please someone tell me how atleast 4 people in block 10 last night brought in beer cans, containers with cake and sandwiches etc.

The bags are clearly not being searched properly or some people have special treatment.

Gazza272

I thought we was all told no food or drink allowed into the arena?

Please someone tell me how atleast 4 people in block 10 last night brought in beer cans, containers with cake and sandwiches etc.

The bags are clearly not being searched properly or some people have special treatment.

Whenever i'm walking into the rink i see bags being checked.

I'd suggest we don't know why or how they got the stuff in, but if you see it again and bring it to the attention of a steward i'm sure they can sort it.

pjj365

Security yesterday was a shambles

People not being allowed in for the Q&A until a "revolt" was threatens

Queues stretching to the bus stop because there were only 2 entry points - both checking bags - in the dark with what looked like limited torch light. I would have felt pressure to just clear the queue and guess if I were doing the checks they'd be pretty perfunctory

The ST and VIP entrances now seem pretty pointless as there are only the 2 entrances

Is this just a security cost cutting exercise leading to reduced efficiency?

Kevlar68

I think apart from the game last night seemed a bit of a shambles all round. Entrance in to arena started 10 mins late, sound in arena was a mess, the whole pre-game build up was awful, no sound, visuals poor, lighting effects were non existent with tube lighting left on, the ice pad looked more like a pond after zamboni had been around.
Good job first and third periods were great hockey or the whole night would have been pretty poor.

Hockeymad

Thread starter #5
They apparently have food and drink every week, they are season holders and a bit older than myself. 50-60years old. They didn’t hide it from anyone they were passing cake and sandwiches round like it was a party no one said nothing

Earnie

Food and drink is obviously not encouraged but it is far removed from the main concern. I would be more interested in knowing did they leave any rubbish behind?

Hockeymad

Thread starter #9
I’m not complaining I just thought it was a rule for every person who entered the ice rink.
Clearly not.

I hear people on here saying they were stopped from taking a drink of water in for there baby because they don’t drink nothing else. And it was removed.

Yes it bothered me a little because after 2-3 drinks they didn’t shut up shouting

Kevlar68

I can see why it may get at people. If a rule "no food or drink from outside" has been put in place it should be implemented. Shouldn't cherry pick who can and can't go in with on supplies.

CaldicotDevil

I can see why people bring in food. Grazing Shed has been a great addition this year and a vast improve on last year but if you're a regular season ticket holder you naturally do get bored of menu, Blaze fans probably say the same about Papa Johns. Other than Grazing shed you've got vending machines, nachos or the hot dogs (which have become inedible since the BBT) as the other food options. It's a tricky one for the Todd, Grazing Shed & the Devils have been a great fit. If he was to bring in another few more food options (hopefully bringing back the Jacket Potatos) it'll be a big kick in the teeth for Grazing Shed.

I know some poster will just say eat before a game but some people including myself have to rush to the game just to make face off. We don't always have time to eat.

bdevil

I highly doubt it’s a conspiracy.. “the security guard on the left lets his parents bring in whatever they want, it’s not fair”
I mean come on.. more than likely just very well hidden in a bag or coat. They tried their luck and got away with it. If you’re that bothered by it try it yourself next week

Wannabe2

The Question & Answer sessions are causing problems for loads of people, we were stuck outside for 20 mins last night in the cold, thank god it wasn’t raining, the bay in the winter is a very very cold place with the wind coming in off the seas. There were literally hundreds of us stuck outside, while far less people are talking inside in the bar, my point is why do these sessions have to happen every week, what changes so dramatically week in week out, whilst season ticket holders and punters have to queue outside, if it was raining last night, then it would not be a joke. Also few people in these sessions spend money at the bar, whilst others who want to spend money can’t get in, that’s statement is not so I personally can have a beer although I do, but with the Devils now running the bar I thought every penny helped. Myself and it’s only my views why can’t these sessions happen every month, we did manage without them for 34/35 yrs, and they don’t happen elsewhere were clubs are more concerned with getting their customers in the warm and the dry. There were loads of very angry people outside last night believe me.

Hockeymad

Thread starter #16
Ok then guys I won’t say what I see il keep my mouth shut. Whats the point in having a forum when you can’t even have a debate about something?

Just let people do what they want hey.

Chris

Administrator
I’m not complaining I just thought it was a rule for every person who entered the ice rink.
Clearly not.

I hear people on here saying they were stopped from taking a drink of water in for there baby because they don’t drink nothing else. And it was removed.

Yes it bothered me a little because after 2-3 drinks they didn’t shut up shouting
Out of interest, can you point me in the direction of the post on this forum from a member of the forum saying that they weren't allowed to take a bottle of water in for their baby?

Thanks.

Hockeymad

Thread starter #19
Out of interest, can you point me in the direction of the post on this forum from a member of the forum saying that they weren't allowed to take a bottle of water in for their baby?

Thanks.
It wasn’t on this thread it was in the past I’m not sure who said it but it was definately on here. On another thread.