Justin Faryna vs Mathieu Gagnon

Wannabe2

How tough is Faryna, he don’t give a fig about anyone, the perfect team mate, can score, can hit, can fight, to me the perfect Cardiff Devil. Lordo always speaks positive about this guy, and rightly so, hopefully Justin will be here for many seasons, he really is that good.

Temme

How tough is Faryna, he don’t give a fig about anyone, the perfect team mate, can score, can hit, can fight, to me the perfect Cardiff Devil. Lordo always speaks positive about this guy, and rightly so, hopefully Justin will be here for many seasons, he really is that good.
Last couple of weeks he's turned into more of the Dundee Faryna than the one we signed, which is positive.

He still has a little while to go before i'm completely sold on him, i thought we would end up with more of a 'Michel' type player if i'm being honest, but he skates in and out of games a little like Salters, although there's a definite injury correlation i'm picking up there.

I find if he has a good game, then it's a GREAT game.

That's just my two penneth worth though, i'm sure there's people that love his game week in week out :)

Ps. we have nicknamed him the new Max Birbraer, as Maxi would always go for a ridiculous deke in a 1-v-1 situation, and Faryna is the only player on our roster that does the same, and it's brilliant!

august04

Faryna hasn’t been back that long from a concussion injury and he’s going toe to toe and throwing bombs with the toughest guy in the league. I absolutely salute his guts and bravery but it’s a bit of a worry for his wellbeing! One of the reasons I wanted us to sign an enforcer type (who could play) this season.

I love farynas bravery and willingness to fight the toughest player over here.

But I would also prefer us to sign a top heavyweight for this role,

Louis and batch are classed as tough guys but we don’t seem fighting at all..

jimmy snels

Yep i think farayna is a devil through and through. But as above he certainly shouldnt be the one going with a big meathead like gagnon no matter how well he did this time! I see him as a scorer with secondary toughness. He scores more than those who dont offer as much yet are expected to score more, id argue he is one of our key players. As above we had more than enough room in our roster for a genuine tough guy and was disappointed when we didnt sign one. That said and back to the main man, id sign farayna for 2 years now because a lot of teams will be circling come the summer.....

Wannabe2

Thing is you can’t stop someone like Faryna sticking up for his team mates, it’s in built, it’s who he is, some far bigger guys don’t have that, it’s not the size of the man, it’s the size of his heart, and Faryna’s is huge. Hope the man stays for a few seasons, he is our 2nd top league goal scorer, and would walk into any team in this league.

If anything faryna instigated this fight he wanted it to happen to get the team going.

He laid a big hit on gagnon who retaliated and they went at it..

But I would prefer someone else to fight like batch or Louis. Especially against a tough man like gagnon himself.

Devil94

Batch and Louis might be bigger, but I don't think they would have been able to hold on and land as many punches as Faryna did on Gagnon.

ASHIPP

Justin is our version of Gordie Howe - will score, assist and fight. And how loved was Gordie Howe. Hope Justin is with the Devils for a long time - he has a massive heart and is team first always.