New Ticket Option ??? ...

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
Hey Todd, just wondering if this is possible ? :-

As the team is totally disinterested at the moment and only attempts to half-heartedly salvage a game at the death, how about offering tickets just for the 3rd period ??

I'm happy to pay 5 quid for one.

Might I suggest you consider the above or sort out the total shambols that we're seeing at the moment!

Its well known that ice hockey players simply don't care about the fans. They are actually doing this just to annoy you. They know they have the ability to beat everyone in the league and the sport is actually run on simulators behind the scenes to keep things interesting. There are no such things as injuries, slumps, confidence issues or bad bounces in a game. Players leaving which shake up chemistry in a team sport, you must be kidding. Losing two key players half way through the season, there is no way that can affect a team.

Infact I heard Hedden say directly that he wasnt going to bother playing until the third period because Kingmo was at the game.

The self entitlement for fans is outrageous in this forum. The players are trying. The amount of professional athletes that don't care enough to give it their all is so marginal that its not even worth considering.

Confidence matters. Right now the Devils are in very short supply of it. What really helps though, is slagging them off until your heart is content and pushing the narrative that they don't care.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #3
Grrrrrr, that's typical Hedden!

There is a difference between confidence and I can't be arsed tonight so I'll just go through the motions and give 50% !

voth26

Grrrrrr, that's typical Hedden!

There is a difference between confidence and I can't be arsed tonight so I'll just go through the motions and give 50% !
Here's 2 questions for you whether you answer honestly is another thing, assuming your working and I say this because I don't know your age? do you give 100% in your job every day and would you like to be criticised day in and day out on a social media site either by your boss or by people you don't know and who haven't a clue how to do or have never done your job?

pjj365

Hey Todd, just wondering if this is possible ? :-

As the team is totally disinterested at the moment and only attempts to half-heartedly salvage a game at the death, how about offering tickets just for the 3rd period ??

I'm happy to pay 5 quid for one.

Might I suggest you consider the above or sort out the total shambols that we're seeing at the moment!
That's fine if that's what you want but stewards will check you ticket and you will have to leave before overtime or stump up £10

kristian

How many times do we all wake up in the morningand think I don't feel right today. Go to work and spend all day trying to hide away and doing as little as possible because we are not feeling up to the mark.
Difference is we don't do in front of an audience and can probably make up for lost work the next day. Sports men and women don't have that luxury

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #7
Here's 2 questions for you whether you answer honestly is another thing, assuming your working and I say this because I don't know your age? do you give 100% in your job every day and would you like to be criticised day in and day out on a social media site either by your boss or by people you don't know and who haven't a clue how to do or have never done your job?
I certainly give 100% each day - being a self employed consultant I have to otherwise my clients will simply find another resource. Do you give 100% in yours?

jimmy snels

seriously, this thing where we're making critiquing a professional sportsmans performance and suggesting its bullying is starting to get on my nerves. That is generally part of the role. if 3 thousand people turned up to watch me work, they wouldnt know the ins and outs of what i do but im sure they would comment if i sat on my arse all day it appeared i wasnt trying very hard. would that be wrong? no it wouldnt, especially if those 3 thousand were paying my wages and egging me on to get out off my arse and try harder.
the suggestion that discussing a poor performance in a public forum is bullying detracts imho from a real actual issue of torment faced by young people at school every day.

i will say as a caveat if you tag the player into it you are a bellend. its one thing discussing with fans a performance but dont rag on them in that manner, thats just poor form and not cricket so to speak.

Hockeymad

The Majority of us people do 8-10 hour shifts for 5/6 days a week,

These ice hockey players get 10-15 minutes ice time a game,
There shift last no longer than 30-45 seconds at a time, there is no comparison.

If they play Saturday and Sunday they get roughly 20-30 minutes of icetime,

Your telling me as a so called professional they can’t skate and give there all for that amount of time?

So If these players are not giving there all for the little time they spend on the ice in games I’m making sure i voice my opinion.

Last edited:
I went Christmas shopping last night and it was very busy in the city centre. I looked in lots of different shops and found some nice presents for my wife. I hope she'll like them.

I got a bit fed up, so I went into a cafe and had a cup of tea and a cake. I enjoyed them greatly.

Afterwards, I looked in some more shops and bought my children some stocking-fillers. They were quite inexpensive but I am sue the children will like them. You can nver really tell though, can you?

I'm watching "Homes Under The Hammer" while I type this message. Isn't that a fun way to start the day? I like Martin and Lucy but I also like Dion and Martell, too. I am never disappointed, whoever is presenting the show.

Wannabe2

Funny enough I went into town yesterday, lots of people around for some reason. Shops looked pretty full, bought some Xmas cards, a CD in HMV, and then went for a toasted tea cake and Latte. Quite enjoyed it really.

Kevlar68

Talking of cafe's i heard the first Christmas song Oct 27th in Costas (other coffee shops are available), Christmas should be just 24 hours, 25th Dec not 3 months, BAH HUMBUG!

pjj365

seriously, this thing where we're making critiquing a professional sportsmans performance and suggesting its bullying is starting to get on my nerves. That is generally part of the role. if 3 thousand people turned up to watch me work, they wouldnt know the ins and outs of what i do but im sure they would comment if i sat on my arse all day it appeared i wasnt trying very hard. would that be wrong? no it wouldnt, especially if those 3 thousand were paying my wages and egging me on to get out off my arse and try harder.
the suggestion that discussing a poor performance in a public forum is bullying detracts imho from a real actual issue of torment faced by young people at school every day.

i will say as a caveat if you tag the player into it you are a bellend. its one thing discussing with fans a performance but dont rag on them in that manner, thats just poor form and not cricket so to speak.
There is a line between critiquing and being abusive. Unfortunately the latter is common on Twitter. What goes on here may not cross that line - I don't really know where it sits BUT what is on here adds to the mood which is creeping in - insulting players after a game (see Ben Bowns video) and worse still extending this to family members and off-ice staff.
We do not know the nature of an individuals psych so what to one is bullying to another is just life as a sportsman. Is is probably worth assuming that what you want to say may be percived to be bullying and testing a post against that criteria before posting
Saying someone is "rubbish" or " needs to grow a pair" is at best verging on bullying - they are value judgments. Criticism is fact (albeit perceived fact) based which can be supported by some form of analysis.
Some on here provide that evidenced based analysis and that, I accept, any worker has to put up with. Value based judgements without any examples is, surely, not acceptable.

Finny

There shift last no longer than 30-45 seconds at a time, there is no comparison.

Your telling me as a so called professional they can’t skate and give there all for that amount of time?

So If these players are not giving there all for the little time they spend on the ice in games I’m making sure i voice my opinion.
Voice your opinion behind a username giving you anonymity?
That's brave of you.

Where do you work? I'll pop down at some point in the next couple of weeks and see if I think you're working hard enough. Maybe some of the players will join me after they've finished training too.

When I was a child there was a short film on television, quite often. It was about a man called Reginald Mole-Husband and his skills at parking a car. I only mention him now because I think he liked ice-hockey and because I always thought the voice-over artiste was calling him "Reginald Mole" and telling us that he was also a husband. I suppose my mistake was due to his co-star in the infomercial being his wife. Imagine my surprise when I read recently that he had the aforementioned double-barrelled surname.

Finny

If U paid my wages and watched me week in week out then by all means you could have a say. But you don’t and that’s why I voice my opinion. Because I’m there week in week out spending a load of money.
I pay your wages as much as you pay the players wages.
So what’s your job and where do you work?

To be honest, if I felt as strongly dissatisfied as you appear to be with what’s being served up on any given match night (by the team as a whole or by 1 or more particular players) for my hard earned money, I would write to the coach and managing director setting out the reasons for my dissatisfaction providing as many specific examples as I possibly could to support my grievances. I would politely ask for their considered opinions on the issues I had raised. Depending on just how strongly I felt about it, I might go so far as to suggest that in the event of an unsatisfactory response, I might feel obliged to vote with my feet and consider redirecting my finances to some alternative form of entertainment in the future.

What do you reckon? Don’t you think that would be a more productive way of voicing your opinion?