Parking this weekend?

Pondlife

Thread starter #1
Has anyone heard anything official regarding parking at Morrisons for this Sunday? Are people planning to park there and hope they don't lock the gates when they see a fullish car park at 6pm?

voth26

why is there an issue parking in Morrisons this season? i saw a car trying to squeeze between two ballads to get out of toy-r-us car park last night!!

Have Hope#35

why is there an issue parking in Morrisons this season? i saw a car trying to squeeze between two ballads to get out of toy-r-us car park last night!!
I got caught in Toys R Us very recently... just completely lost tract of time! There is a way out by mounting a kerb but it's very tight if you have anything larger than a small hatchback.

Pondlife

Thread starter #6

Have Hope#35

Gates close 2 hours after shop closes - that's 630 on Sunday
Fair enough... But you said the back gate is left open? ANPR is probably just a threat to scare the locals! As for any tickets/fines surely they would just be issued by these local security companies who watch resident/visitors spaces in residential estates? They don't even need to be paid. I can't imagine Cardiff Council are going to Police it, they're the ones to worry about! This all seems very unnecessary from Morrisons if true.

Would be good to have some sort of official word on this or something from the Devils / council. If Morrisons is out it is going to be chaos getting a few thousand cars into a few hundred spaces. Add in the regular swimming gala's and I can see the arena being half empty as people can't park anywhere near the place with no alternatives.

Could have a massive impact on attendance or at least cause big delays to game starts.

Any official word from the Devils of what to do when the small car park for the rink and swimming pool car park is full? World war 3 comes to mind.

Devil_Abroad

Cameras that recognise your number plate so if your car is legal then you'll get a fine through the post. Cardiff council have them now policing bus lanes! I got a fine turning left too early to avoid the queue going on straight. Nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

The penalties for not paying these tickets tend to be large enough for the companies to seek action through the courts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If the company doing it aren't Local Council affiliated or accredited then don't send them your details questioning it! Council fines are brutal and always need to be settled mind.

"On private land, a parking charge notice will either be put on the offending vehicle or it will have been clocked by Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera and a "ticket" will be sent by post to the vehicle's registered keeper IF they are members of the British Parking Association (BPA) or the Independent Parking Committee (IPC).

If the car park operator is not accredited, then they will be unable to get hold of your details via the DVLA and will find it hard to pursue you. It has been known for some motorists to make the process easier because they write to the operator to complain about having a ticket put on their car, and in doing so, provide them with their name and address.

The most common type of parking ticket is a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) issued by local authorities if you park incorrectly or for too long on public land. Private companies can issue parking tickets and may call them Parking Charge Notices, but they are not the same as the Penalty Charge Notice. They are not backed up by law. Instead, they are invoices for a breach of contract.

If the car park operator wants to force you to pay, they will need to take you to the civil court, which is costly and time-consuming."

davew

I and many others spend money in Morrison's before the game, maybe the new management there might change their minds when they see the takings down on the year on year figures.
#nodevilsparkingnoshopping

matbur

I'm a bit concerned about all this, I must admit. I don't live in Cardiff so don't have any choice but to use a car to get there.

pjj365

I and many others spend money in Morrison's before the game, maybe the new management there might change their minds when they see the takings down on the year on year figures.
#nodevilsparkingnoshopping
Doubt we will be that significant a loss from what I have seen from my pre-match shopping