Rumour mill

Swarley

Noticed that. Can’t see him being back, he’s been pretty poor unfortunately.
For a player that was hyped up and talked about as being a new fan favourite I wasn't overly impressed with his performance the entire season.

Never really stood out, never seemed to have anything magical about him, never really noticed him on the ice.

Its a shame really because having such a catchy and unique name I got my hopes that he was gonna be one to watch.

moggy#9

For a player that was hyped up and talked about as being a new fan favourite I wasn't overly impressed with his performance the entire season.

Never really stood out, never seemed to have anything magical about him, never really noticed him on the ice.

Its a shame really because having such a catchy and unique name I got my hopes that he was gonna be one to watch.
Some players just never settle unfortunately. I think there's going to need to be some rebalancing on defence, hopefully with some stay at home types. Maybe this is the first indication of that.

Swarley

Some players just never settle unfortunately. I think there's going to need to be some rebalancing on defence, hopefully with some stay at home types. Maybe this is the first indication of that.
That's the one thing we desperately lacked is a stay at home defender.

I'm interested to see if Russell will carry on with the euro style hockey or if he will adapt and change the squad to be more like the rest of the league in the new season

moggy#9

That's the one thing we desperately lacked is a stay at home defender.

I'm interested to see if Russell will carry on with the euro style hockey or if he will adapt and change the squad to be more like the rest of the league in the new season
Personally I don't see anything wrong with overall concepts associated with euro hockey - such as puck retention, effective passing and speed, albeit with a physical edge. The problem has been we've lacked players who could execute properly - either through lack of basic skills, or in following the game plan.

I think that if we want to play that game we should look to recruit more European players. How I'd love a Martin lindman, a Peter ekroth or a Kim ahlroos. Failing that, I wouldn't mind one or two players that were surplus to nomad's requirements.