Wins, stats, newbies and a wiki

Devils86

Thread starter #1
Hi all!

Huge weekend - long way to go mind you. I look forward to hearing what the RedArmyRoundup guys have to say about that!

As a relative newbie I continue to learn about our history and many other nuances about this wonderful sport.

I have managed to bring a few people to their first ice hockey experience this season and can field most questions at a basic level.

But one stumped me - and save for asking on here/Twitter I wouldn’t know where to go to find out.

The question last night was to do with point-scoring runs and Fournier’s exploits - “what’s the longest point scoring run for a Devil?” - no idea.

This got my mind thinking back on a notion I had a few weeks back but when I thought about posting it I bottled out...

Given the amount of knowledge in our fan base I would suggest a Wiki for the Devils would be a great resource for people. Elite prospects is great, and couple it up with parts of the Devils website and you can get a feel for the organisation - but there seems to be so much more to the story.

Now I don’t have the technical knowedge, hockey knowledge, or time to take on such a project - but just thought I’d throw the idea out there?

Unless, of course, one already exists?

Temme

Depends how far back you go but lawless or moria have to be upthere for points streak
The 2(4?) game world record win streak of (10-11?) might be a good place to start, as (Pelle/matzka?) were scoring very heavily that year, both over (100?) points iirc.

apologies for all of the (?)'s - lots of what I've said i couldn't be bothered to research first, so apologies for that if it's the wrong year/roster, but i think my memory serves me correctly!!!! (or maybe it was 22 games?)

matbur

As a relatively newer fan myself, the historical stats do seem pretty sketchy. Would be great to have something definitive.

Diablo3

Have to agree, that is excellent work. Now for my confession.... I have never managed to work out what the stats against the teams are on the EIHL site, just when I think I've got it, the numbers don't add up. Handy one for a wiki maybe. e.g. our stats for the Panthers game are
Home Record 13-16-2-2-1
Away Record 12-14-3-0-1
Last Ten 9-10-0-0-0

I'm sure one of you can take pity on a numpty.

James

Administrator
That’s amazing, I have never seen that before, what a great job there James, Superb.
The data is mostly courtesy of @Finny in all fairness. I just added the search function. It could probably do with a bit of a design refresh too as its looking a bit old. Still works though.

Wannabe2

Well Finny has always been a Legend to me, the work he has done is phenomenal, put both your skills together and you get one awesome outcome. Thank you both, great work.

Well Finny has always been a Legend to me, the work he has done is phenomenal, put both your skills together and you get one awesome outcome. Thank you both, great work.
He's not a Legend in Belfast!!!
I listened to some of their (I believe OFFICIAL) podcast this week and if I heard it correctly, one of them called him something very uncomplimentary. I'd like to think i heard wrongly (is that even a word) though.

Finny

Have to agree, that is excellent work. Now for my confession.... I have never managed to work out what the stats against the teams are on the EIHL site, just when I think I've got it, the numbers don't add up. Handy one for a wiki maybe. e.g. our stats for the Panthers game are
Home Record 13-16-2-2-1
Away Record 12-14-3-0-1
Last Ten 9-10-0-0-0

If you can send me a link to that page I'll try and make sense for you. Although it might well be what a couple of us were looking at earlier in the season and it confused us too. The website was built with N. American leagues in mind and so sometimes it doesn't relate to how our league is structured.

With regards a wiki and records, I'm more than happy to send over any details if someone wants to set it up.

Finny

He's not a Legend in Belfast!!!
I listened to some of their (I believe OFFICIAL) podcast this week and if I heard it correctly, one of them called him something very uncomplimentary. I'd like to think i heard wrongly (is that even a word) though.
Yeh, I appear to have upset them royally this week. I couldn't make out their comments regarding me, only my name check.

It seems they are happy to spend time making fun of other teams and other coaches but as soon as you point out a tweet they sent last season where they claimed they were the better team than us (despite finishing 15 points behind us) you get called sad, pathetic, loser etc.

Ah well. At least they haven't done the exact same thing this season........

Diablo3

If you can send me a link to that page I'll try and make sense for you. Although it might well be what a couple of us were looking at earlier in the season and it confused us too. The website was built with N. American leagues in mind and so sometimes it doesn't relate to how our league is structured.

With regards a wiki and records, I'm more than happy to send over any details if someone wants to set it up.
Thanks Finny. The link is https://eliteleague.co.uk/game-centre/schedule/game/?id=3344495 the team stats tab.

Home Record 13-16-2-2-1
Away Record 12-14-3-0-1
Last Ten 9-10-0-0-0

I would imagine they are

Reg Wins Wins OT Wins OT Loss PS Loss
25......................30...........5 ...............2 ............2

May be wrong though

OJLloyd

The data is mostly courtesy of @Finny in all fairness. I just added the search function. It could probably do with a bit of a design refresh too as its looking a bit old. Still works though.
A feeling of the few of the members on here may be familiar with, I'm sure (not me, I look fresh and youthful, and bald as the day I was born...)