Ackered

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
Ackered is leaving Guildford for dukla trenchin. That's a big gap for them to fill. I wonder if this is about covid19 uncertainty, frustration at Guildford not really progressing into challengers, more money, or something else.

kingmo19.1

Ackered is leaving Guildford for dukla trenchin. That's a big gap for them to fill. I wonder if this is about covid19 uncertainty, frustration at Guildford not really progressing into challengers, more money, or something else.
Not sure if it’s that big a gap - his point production (for an offensive D man) has declined Year on year since his first season (when he was excellent). 27 points from 47 games last season isn’t that stellar.

moggy#9

Thread starter #5
Not sure if it’s that big a gap - his point production (for an offensive D man) has declined Year on year since his first season (when he was excellent). 27 points from 47 games last season isn’t that stellar.
But was his role on the team the same? I'm always conscious of just looking at raw stats without being able to put them in context. I remember of a conversation I once had with a friend who criticized Ian MacIntyre's point production in his first year, only for his role to change and then become our top scorer.

Rempel16

But was his role on the team the same? I'm always conscious of just looking at raw stats without being able to put them in context. I remember of a conversation I once had with a friend who criticized Ian MacIntyre's point production in his first year, only for his role to change and then become our top scorer.
Ackered's biggest assest was his shot on the powerplay. It reaped big rewards in his first season with the Flames, but I think he got found out pretty quickly.

We certainly had a game plan for him as every forward seemed to pressure him when he was in possession regardless of which zone he was in. He didn't seem to enjoy that and didn't seem to enjoy being challenged physically either.

I'd take Jesse Craige ahead of Ackered, given the choice.

august04

I always enjoyed watching Ackered play, hope we see him again in the EIHL. He wasn’t so effective against us last season I didn’t think, we seemed to get in his face much more and play him way more aggressively than in the previous year when I thought he caused us a lot of problems. A good player, and I would prefer him to be in the EIHL! I can’t help but think this is the way a few more good players will go, with the virus situation here.

BostonBart22

If no hockey by january, it will not go ahead unless it's a very short season, and less clubs due to financial problems , plus smaller squads inc less imports ...