Affiliation with bristol pitbulls

OJLloyd

Well that reads as fantastic news. Close by, coaches who are very familiar with the Devils.

Gives us options in injury scenarios and gives them the ability to attract high quality players.

Plus, it’s a possible pop over the bridge to watch if the Devils are away/aren’t playing (though from reading that it seems getting a ticket might be an issue)

Wannabe2

Good move and Jamie Elson knows the British game inside out, Has a lot of experience, and is a really top man. Can’t fault it should be good for both parties.

moggy#9

The closeness between the two clubs, both geographically and organisationally, makes this pretty much a no brainer. My only reservation is the way in which these two way deals seem to function.

As I understand it, players on a two way would only be able to play for the devils if the Pitbulls weren't playing. One scenario I can imagine is the devils carrying injuries and needing extra bodies, so wanting to call done players up - as happens between NHL clubs and affiliates. In this situation the devils wouldn't be able to do this, if the Pitbulls were playing. That not only denies the devils benefit from the arrangement, it denies the players themselves an opportunity. As an illustration for this, how often was harewood permitted to play up?

This, to me, is the flaw in the relationship between the various leagues. We should be able to call up from Bristol, and they should be able to call up from the league below them.