All kicking off at dundee

Gisland

More a reflection on the Giants roster this year that Darcy Murphy was the player who reacted. Not really a match for Haas!
This... The Giants roster are a push over.. No balls whatsoever.. Had Keefe been on the ice he would have gone through a brick wall to get at Hass and sill hitting him.. He might have got pasted but he would have went in.Was had to stomach the players just standing there watching. Really miss the days when they had some fire in their belly.. At least Cardiff have a handfull of players that will step up.

BostonBart22

This... The Giants roster are a push over.. No balls whatsoever.. Had Keefe been on the ice he would have gone through a brick wall to get at Hass and sill hitting him.. He might have got pasted but he would have went in.Was had to stomach the players just standing there watching. Really miss the days when they had some fire in their belly.. At least Cardiff have a handfull of players that will step up.
Or McMorrow, he would take his helmet off spin it centre spot and say come here big fella...goodnight vienna...Booooom

Haas just seems a goon and a knob and will not last long with Omar at the helm as his roster is short benched as it is.
More worrying is only 2 game for the hit on Duggan.
Dops seem to be a bit lenient on checks to the head in not sending out a message of the potential mid-long term consequences of player safety.
This is the 3rd hit to the head given against the Devils, following the 2 given to Waller, who maybe still out.
In my opinion the offender should be out as long as the victim, governed by a medical assessment when he is fit to return.

James

Administrator
I suspect we'll see the tariffs increase for repeat offenders. I don't disagree it seems lenient but they do make a thing of it being his first DOPS assessment.

august04 2.0

Check to the head 2 games.
Charging 3 games?

Never trusted dops useless donuts
In fairness to DOPS, for the Haas suspension, they did say there was significant contact to the head in that charging penalty review.
They always seem to start with 2 games as their baseline for these type of offences - then more games added for repeat offenders.
I'm hoping we'll be dishing out more on ice justice to Ellerby in 3 weeks time.

I hope he doesn't get a ban for that to be honest. It definitely wasn't a shoulder to the head at all. His hands were up at point but it did not look like a shoulder or elbows.

People say Haas is a liability.....I see him as a great marketing tool for Dundee. They aren't going to win any trophies so they look like they have put a 'bums on seats' campaign together.

I actually look forward to guys like him and Springer playing against us as it adds a bit of spice and entertainment to games and a league that has sadly become more on the dull side physically.
I agree it wasn't shoulder to head but it looks like a charge and blind-side hit. The Giant's player was skating east to west with his head down trying to exit the zone, he was asking to get hit but the smart play there would have been to just play the puck when you are having to travel that distance to make a hit. Had Haas done that he'd probably have a scoring opportunity as there was acres of space behind.

Ocko

The part about the Haas hit that I don’t understand;

Charging can range from a 2 minute minor, 2+10 and 5+ Game and subsequent disciplinary action. Now maybe it is charging by the letter of the law (I personally disagree and hate the fact hits like this are now not allowed), but if that is the worst end of the scale to warrant getting a ban - what level of charging is a 2 minute minor, 2+10 or 5+Game with no ban these days? I don’t think Boucher had an injury, the head contact is debatable and he glided into the hit.

A 2 minute for charging must be for sneezing or farting on a player if that’s the standard for the higher end of the scale.