All Star John Scott - his words

Bazza

Thread starter #3
He was captain, think he scored 2 plus did ok in some of the challenges.

Not sure about MVP but if he was that would be cherry on top.

Shocking that he gets traded and then dropped from NHL same time, shows how cut-throat it is - or how political it is...

Future Devil??!! :D Get him a summer job at GE Aircraft place in Nantgarw maybe?!!! ;)

Temme

He did win all star MVP!

What's worse is how the NHL conducted themselves during the whole thing, there was no problem at all at Phoenix for him to be traded - it's been very strongly suggested that the NHL orchestrated this trade to get him out of the all-star game, moving his heavily pregnant wife (twins) all the way to Montreal.

In actual fact what happened as a result is the most amazing story in all-star history. It really was a tear-jerker for those who followed it.

As a result, they sold out of his all star jerseys faster than any other and it was a very real 'victory for the people'.

And more people watched this years all star event than ever before - with no Crosby, Chara, Toews, Ovechkin, Price there to attend - which is a feat in itself, and without doubt it was all down to John Scott.

The best thing is he didn't stop smiling for the entire event, and was such a character.

Bazza

Thread starter #5
Yeah saw that about the jerseys. Real two fingers up to the NHL powers that be.

Was terrible that they were trying to force him out of the game yet other NHLers told him to play.

As he says, despite not being their ideal type of All Star player, he was already in the elite group of 700 players who were eligible which is pretty special.

The bit about he never actually fought until 23 is quite an eye-opener too.

Bazza

Thread starter #6
PS has the potential for a movie!! Bit like The Blind Side story of Michael Oher!!!

Come on Disney, you can do it!!!

Temme said:
He did win all star MVP!

What's worse is how the NHL conducted themselves during the whole thing, there was no problem at all at Phoenix for him to be traded - it's been very strongly suggested that the NHL orchestrated this trade to get him out of the all-star game, moving his heavily pregnant wife (twins) all the way to Montreal.

In actual fact what happened as a result is the most amazing story in all-star history. It really was a tear-jerker for those who followed it.

As a result, they sold out of his all star jerseys faster than any other and it was a very real 'victory for the people'.

And more people watched this years all star event than ever before - with no Crosby, Chara, Toews, Ovechkin, Price there to attend - which is a feat in itself, and without doubt it was all down to John Scott.

The best thing is he didn't stop smiling for the entire event, and was such a character.
not just to Montreal, they sent him to the AHL in St Johns, closer to the Uk than phoenix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temme

Hotdog said:
Temme said:
He did win all star MVP!

not just to Montreal, they sent him to the AHL in St Johns, closer to the Uk than phoenix

I know bud, I follow the NHL closer than I follow the Devils

I would have loved to have seen him at the all star game wearing his AHL jersey!
:Banana :Banana :Banana

Temme said:
Hotdog said:
Temme said:
He did win all star MVP!

I know bud, I follow the NHL closer than I follow the Devils

I would have loved to have seen him at the all star game wearing his AHL jersey!
:Banana :Banana :Banana
Maybe do no harm for Montreal to call him back up, not like they are covering themselves with glory at the moment.

Agree he seemed to have a complete ball at it and well deserved after what he has been through. First all star game I've watched in a long time and doubt I would have even looked near it if it wasn't for him