All time devils team

moggy#9

Thread starter #21
Not relevant to this, as he was here for less then one hot minute, but one of the best I've ever seen ever was Travis Brigley. Had he stuck round he would have put up huge numbers. Brigley actually made it into the NHL after playing for Cardiff Devils. Brigley played 36 games for the Colorado Avalanche scoring 3 goals, 4 assists for 7 points. There aren't many Cardiff Devils players which you can say achieved that amazing feat.
Yes, I seem to remember he was very impressive. Perhaps there should be a category for players we wish we'd seen more of. Millette would have to be a shoe in for that.

Ocko

Based on the criteria set this would be my all time Devils team. I’m assuming the Knockout Cup counts? Which enables Teplitsky to be in. Wish I didn’t have to pick Pope but no other D men were around long enough in the EIHL era and his pairing with Noble was always our top pairing in the ISL and didn’t fair too badly.

BHL Era
Jason Wood

Stephen Cooper
Shannon Hope

Doug McEwen
Steve Moria
John Lawless

Superleague Era
Dereck Herlofski

Kip Noble
Brent Pope

Ivan Matulik
Vezio Sacratini
Steve Thornton

Early EIHL
Stevie Lyle

Mark Richardson
Tyson Teplitsky

Brad Voth
Stuart Macrae
Max Birbraer

New Era
Ben Bowns

Andrew Hotham
Gleason Fournier

Andrew Lord
Joey Martin
Joey Haddad

Gazr76

Based on the criteria set this would be my all time Devils team. I’m assuming the Knockout Cup counts? Which enables Teplitsky to be in. Wish I didn’t have to pick Pope but no other D men were around long enough in the EIHL era and his pairing with Noble was always our top pairing in the ISL and didn’t fair too badly.

BHL Era
Jason Wood

Stephen Cooper
Shannon Hope

Doug McEwen
Steve Moria
John Lawless

Superleague Era
Dereck Herlofski

Kip Noble
Brent Pope

Ivan Matulik
Vezio Sacratini
Steve Thornton

Early EIHL
Stevie Lyle

Mark Richardson
Tyson Teplitsky

Brad Voth
Stuart Macrae
Max Birbraer

New Era
Ben Bowns

Andrew Hotham
Gleason Fournier

Andrew Lord
Joey Martin
Joey Haddad
I like this very much. Perhaps the only change I would make ref Superleague era would be:

Brent Pope - out
Alan Schuler - in

moggy#9

Thread starter #26
It's difficult to argue with the isl forward line, but it's a pity that there's not a place for Ian McIntyre. His final season was amazing after his role evolved. If the team has been able to carry on in isl he'd have been remembered as one of our greatest.

moggy#9

Thread starter #29
Ian McIntyre was one of my all time favourite Devils player, he had been here 3/4 weeks and I thought he was one of the worse players I had ever seen, then we got to see the real McIntyre and boy was he something else.
He started on the team as a role player (his physical game was great). When he got the opportunity to show his offensive side he really showed of how complete he was as a player.

E.D.S.

Whilst Derek king has the unenviable position of replacing Stephen cooper he was, for me, too small for a d man and didn't have a first timer shot. Jason stone for me became a far better overall player.
Stoney doesn’t come close to this for me. Clearly a great servant but not for me.

Wannabe2

Jason Stone 21 seasons for the Devils, 842 league games for the Devils, local lad who had his shirt rightly retired. Jason Stone who gave 100% every game he played even when he wasn’t even getting paid. Jason Stone who always left everything out there on the ice, the same guy who adapted to many different standards of play, was he amazing no, was he a game changer no,was he reliable and dependable every time absolutely.

moggy#9

Thread starter #36
Jason Stone 21 seasons for the Devils, 842 league games for the Devils, local lad who had his shirt rightly retired. Jason Stone who gave 100% every game he played even when he wasn’t even getting paid. Jason Stone who always left everything out there on the ice, the same guy who adapted to many different standards of play, was he amazing no, was he a game changer no,was he reliable and dependable every time absolutely.
Stoney was a start at home defenseman. He wasn't flashy, but he was effective and he was dependable. He was rarely out of position and freed up his partners to venture forward. Personally I'd take him over a number of players then and since who forget about the defensive party of their game.

moggy#9

Thread starter #37
Frank Evans was 10 times the player Pope was in every which way, loved watching him play a real Cardiff Devil.And played 6 seasons in Cardiff.
If someone is going to suggest Brent pope as an all time devils great they might as well suggest Rick strachen or Robert millette.

august04 2.0

Just had a flashback to the “man in the hat”! Our club was in a desperate state back then.....thank God we got rid of those two. Back on topic, I think the ISL D pairing has to be Evans and Noble, given the 3 year qualification.

Wannabe2

Just had a flashback to the “man in the hat”! Our club was in a desperate state back then.....thank God we got rid of those two. Back on topic, I think the ISL D pairing has to be Evans and Noble, given the 3 year qualification.
Good call, defo agree Evans for Pope with you 100%