Andrew Lord

Rhyan48

As much as I’ve loved what Lordo did for hockey in Cardiff (he deserves all the plaudits - I’d knight him personally!!) it’s time to move on. Having his shirts in the shop isn’t great for the incoming manager and what should be a new era. Great if individuals want to buy his new shirt or new club merch then crack on but as far as the devils doing something formally through the shop - doesn’t feel tight to me. It doesn’t send the right message. “The king is dead, long live the king” and all that.
Couldn’t agree more with you ! What’s done is done just look to the future now , yes he done amazing things for us devils over his time here but that time is up we all need to look forward and to the future of the devils not the past

matbur

Yes, I think once a new coach is appointed then the focus will shift onto backing him.

I think it's understandable, after all Lord achieved here, that's there's a period of appreciation as the dust settles.

Once the team is back out on the ice again, it'll be the start of a new era.

august04

This is turning into a Sinatra-esque goodbye. An interview with Lord being released this week. They‘re not exactly making it easy for the new guy. Lord decided to move on. Good luck to him.
The level of appreciation shown to Lord has been incredible but we’ve been there and done that over the last few weeks.
We can’t keep looking backwards - it’s time to announce a successor and get cracking with a new era.

Kevlar68

We may as well be selling Moria, McEwen, Lawless etc if that's the case, the names that built the Devils.
It just doesn't happen, the shop should just be for present players and if you want any other shirts its ebay or me ;)

kingmo19.1

This is turning into a Sinatra-esque goodbye. An interview with Lord being released this week. They‘re not exactly making it easy for the new guy. Lord decided to move on. Good luck to him.
The level of appreciation shown to Lord has been incredible but we’ve been there and done that over the last few weeks.
We can’t keep looking backwards - it’s time to announce a successor and get cracking with a new era.
I presume then you won't be contributing to the life-size Andrew Lord statue that's being located in the Viola reception area? :)

moggy#9

Great interview with lordo online this evening. Good to hear he'll be back to visit sometime. At least then we can give him the send off he missed. It'll be interesting to hear how many hits the video here from fans at his new club.

JC23

No comment,really never rated him, ECHL is probably his limit.
Strongly disagree on this one buddy.

Most direct comparison off the top of my head on the Devils team would be Mark Louis.

I’d have taken Leonard over Lou if given the option. Better point production, just as much size (albeit giving up 25lbs or so) and fight ability, with far less PIMS, also a good few years younger. Great signing by Lordo IMO.

Rempel16

I disagree about Louis being a direct comparison, Leonard doesn't come near Louis in terms of toughness or size. I'd compare him more with Mark Richardson.

However, he was absolute quality every time I watched him, really responsible in his own end and always played the game simply. I'd have happily taken him in our roster. That's a good signing for Lordo.

JC23

I disagree about Louis being a direct comparison, Leonard doesn't come near Louis in terms of toughness or size. I'd compare him more with Mark Richardson.

However, he was absolute quality every time I watched him, really responsible in his own end and always played the game simply. I'd have happily taken him in our roster. That's a good signing for Lordo.
Richie was probably the second person to come to mind for me. I was just thinking size wise as they’re a similar height, and he’s not afraid to drop the gloves.
You’re probably right though :D