Appeal - Voth ban HALVED!!!

steve

Thread starter #1
VOTH BAN WILL BE SIX GAMES!!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/ (third story)

The club had written confirmation from the league on thursday that the ban would be reduced to six games. Lo and behold, the following morning the league then released a statement saying the ban would stand!

Funnily enough, there will be a disciplinary review in oh, 6 games time, at which time the league might just decide that under 'newly agreed tariffs' Voth should only serve 6 games.

This league is a complete joke, run by a bunch of complete retards!!!!!

They tried to save some face by doing it this way - now they just look like an even bigger load of twats!

Gazza272

The link you have posted Chris Is Gerad Adams weekly piece in the echo. So not a press release as such more of an opinion piece adams does weekly :D

James

Administrator
It appears that the league intend to cut the ban by half but wanted to do it without loosing face. So by organising a 'reviewal meeting' before Voth serves 1/2 his ban they can then cut the ban due to a reviewal rather than admitting they were wrong. Now that Shannon and G have thrown the faeces at the oscillating airflow system who knows.

steve

Thread starter #6
confused - that's the whole point, the devils have got a written confirmation saying it's 6 games, but the league are denying it! so if we ice brad at the belfast game in 7 games time, what are the league going to do about it, if the club can wave a 6 match notification in their faces. muppets.

Oh dear! I'm looking forward to all the Voth haters who have said how wonderful and correct it is that the league has upheld the decision, back-peddle.

This includes Mr David Simms of course who on Steelers radio last night said the 12 games was the absolute minimum that could have been given and on Sky Sports described the "Sucker -Punch" as though it was fact! Of course he also said that Prpich only played 6 games last season because of suspension! :shock:

Simms also said that all the coaches decided the discipline tariffs and now we have G categorically saying he doesn't know anything about them! Whether you describe Simms' track record as full of factual inaccuracies or embellishing the truth doesn't matter - on past record, I would suggest G's word is more trustworthy.

It will be interesting to see how this is played out.

So Voth will be back on the 9th!! (we hope)

drainage

Where can I join the I have no idea what I am doing but as long as the Steelers tell me what to do I can scrape past training course ! I am sure I can baffle my boss with mind blowing stupid comments and acts of sheer stupidity as long as I can get on it and quick !!!

On a serious note this is going to mean every little chip, poke thump etc is going to be jumped on and refered to the Elite League - as long as its a Squeeler BRING IT ON !!

Dangerous stuff indeed .....

Fubar

Can just see every team asking for DVD of the games so they can scrutinise every check and fight to see if they can get the player banned. if the league weren't busy after matches then they certainly will now! By all accounts, a tenner says you only have the right to appeal a certain number of times a season!

Koop11

I’m not sure the review in a few weeks will change Voth’s ban if I’m honest. I’d like to think so but honestly don’t think it will. Time will tell.

Surely if the Devils turn up in Belfast (on the 9th), with Voth dressed to play and wave around the letter from Convery confirming Voth will only serve six games (with the date and agreement), there is nothing the league can do about it?

But, because of the way things have gone so far, unfortunately I share koop's lack of confidence.

Russky

I posted the following on the Elite forum expecting it to be heavily censored but to my surprise at the moment they have let it go:

Also why have they suspended the 'signature feature?' They cant stand the thought of competition!

I think we should be grateful for small mercies!

Going by the previous statement re Voth's ban stands, it is obvious that this ban is a face saving and damage limitation process for the Elite league and nothing more than that! Irrespective of the punishment fitting the alleged and none existent crime!! They had to be seen to be doing something!

Perhaps the NHL need to think very seriously if they want to be affiliated to such a mickey mouse organisation that is the Elite League have made themselves look over this farcical situation.

Just to add - Steeltalk is demonstrating that if you say it often enough and believe what you want to believe, you can convince yourself and others it's the truth. They seem to be following in the footsteps of their club.

Simms categorically said on the radio that the new tariff's were agreed by the coaches at the start of last season. Not according to Steeltalk however, which is suggesting Simms actually said two seasons ago when G was not a coach.

Oh dear :roll:

Fubar

hopefully the panties will shut the steelers up on the score board tonite...looking good so far but i have major issues with finnerty fighting at 3 secs on the clock....premeditated??...bringing the game into disrepute?? i need to see the dvd...who do i call?