Attendances So Far

Finny

Thread starter #1
I know the attendances have been brought up a couple of times on here, but it also seems to be mentioned on other websites and team forums. Especially with Sheffield struggling to get over 3000 in most games, and Belfast only getting 2399 for us on Saturday.

So I thought I'd check our Average League Attendances since we move to the Bay, and our current average for this season:

2006-07: 1133
2007-08: 1160
2008-09: 1393 (1st year under Matt Burge)
2009-10: 1665 (so far)

Quite incredible when you think of the recession we are currently in and how other teams in the EIHL and EPL are struggling.

Excellent news - and a credit to all concerned.

However, it perhaps brings further emphasis to the fact that we now need success on the ice. People are currently turning up for the product because of the marketing efforts of the club - but there is no better marketing tool than being a winning team.

It's time to add a little consistency to our game and for the whole team (not just the role players like the Brits and Tyler Michel) to put a sixty minute effort in. The winning streak that we are capable of would surely put us up to the 2,000 mark.

Cheers,

John

Finny said:
I know the attendances have been brought up a couple of times on here, but it also seems to be mentioned on other websites and team forums. Especially with Sheffield struggling to get over 3000 in most games, and Belfast only getting 2399 for us on Saturday.

So I thought I'd check our Average League Attendances since we move to the Bay, and our current average for this season:

2006-07: 1133
2007-08: 1160
2008-09: 1393 (1st year under Matt Burge)
2009-10: 1665 (so far)

Quite incredible when you think of the recession we are currently in and how other teams in the EIHL and EPL are struggling.
That's excellent news. :D

Finny, could you tell us the attendance for the Belfast game just gone. It looked a pretty big crowd and if it had the away support the Panthers bring on a weekdn would have been close to full I would think?

Finny

Thread starter #5
It was one thousand seven hundred and something. Will check the exact number when I get home.

If it had been a game against a Nottingham or even Coventry or Sheffield (i.e. a team who bring a decent away following) then yes it wouldn't have been far from full.