Basingstoke Game (21/09/2008) - NOT A SEASON TICKET GAME

Koop11

Thread starter #1
I have phoned the office and they have confirmed that this Sunday’s game against Basingstoke at home is not a season ticket game as this is a Challenge Cup match. Therefore, any season ticket holders wishing to go to the game will need to ring or go down the rink to purchase a ticket (029 2038 2001).

I have just phoned the rink and they said that tickets were £13 for the game. Season ticket seats will be made available to season ticket holders until 5pm of game day of which any remaining season ticket seats will be made available for general sale there after.

Pass the message on guys.

There should have been some sort of announcement about this at the last game. Ah well, have to make an extra trip down to get a ticket.

Thanks for letting us know.

My understanding of ticket prices was that they were 14.50 if you didn't have a flex pack ticket.

As you can only buy there in blocks of four i didn't know whether ST holders could get the cheaper price.

If i go to the rink are the prices £13? Before finny says to phone the club :D i can't make calls in work and wondered if anyone knew! :D

Koop11

Thread starter #5
Initially I was under the impression that unless you purchased flexi pack tickets you would have to pay £14.50 as a walk up price. As a season ticket holder this did not directly affect me as my equivalent ticket per game was worth last year’s prices at £13 a ticket.

As pointed out though, it would appear that the ‘walk up’ prices are from doors opening on game night, i.e. 5pm on a Sunday and 6pm Saturday/weekend.

As a season ticket holder I have had to purchase this weekend’s home game (Challenge Cup) and I have paid £13 for the ticket (had to pay the £1 booking fee for using Debit Card mind).

I think this highlights a bit of misinformation by the club. I was always under the impression that a non season ticket holder would have to pay £14.50 per ticket, regardless of when it was purchased and the only way of getting a £13 ticket was via the flexi pack scheme. It is great news that this is not the case but how many people are actually aware of this?

I rang the office today to purchase 4 flexi tickets and was informed that because this is not an Elite League game I would not be able to buy the Flex tickets.

Season ticket holders get their seats reserved what more should they do? Season tickets are for league games and work out cheaper over the season.

It would make less money for the club by offering something that is not part of the ticket and isn't common practice in most clubs

Koop11

Thread starter #10
In fairness, the club have really looked after season ticket holders this season and let’s face it, for the first time in a long time. Not only are we getting our seats but we’re getting last year’s prices per ticket with the option to have last year’s prices next season. We’re getting a large number of discounts off many of our sponsors. A lot more than we used to have. Plus the club mentioned many more benefits for the future.