BBC

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Last night was a welsh sports review of the year, unless i missed it in the 30 minute slot why wasnt the devils mentioned or were they mentioned in a 3 second burst from jm, if not mentioned, why not as the won the BBC TEAM OF THE YEAR..

pjj365

As well as ignoring hockey BBC Wales shows what a lazy amateur outfit it is

Did no one on the production side link the two programs to come to the obvious conclusion that the Devils should be on the review. Anyone got any contact in NI, Scotland and Yorkshire to give them lessons in covering hockey

Until then we are on our own PR wise however successful we might be

Diablo3

It's a disgrace (again) I've had many Victor Meldrew moments because of the lack of coverage of anything other than football and rugby. They should be proud that their capitol city has the best hockey team in the UK not just Wales, but alas no.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #6
It's a disgrace (again) I've had many Victor Meldrew moments because of the lack of coverage of anything other than football and rugby. They should be proud that their capitol city has the best hockey team in the UK not just Wales, but alas no.
Shame they couldn't do a 30 min documentary on their success since the new owners and Todd took control

Diablo3

Just watched the review, we get a 30 second mention with a few clips at 09:15 mins in between Cardiff Blues and Cardiff City. At least they acknowledged us.

kingmo19.1

Pretty bad form from the BBC if that’s the case.

Are we missing a trick here? I know JL in the old days used to chase the BBC down for coverage and was very persistent in that regard.

Are we doing the same today? If not, I think the club might need to be a bit more proactive in badgering the BBC especially as we seem to be off radar.

Wannabe2

We were regularly on the BBC in Lawless time due to 2 people, Bob Humphries who was the BBC News main man, and loved the Devils, and Huw Bevan who was the top man in BBC Sport dept, who also loved the devils, these two done more than anyone to promote the devils and the sport. Unfortunately when these guys went, so did our regular coverage.

kingmo19.1

We were regularly on the BBC in Lawless time due to 2 people, Bob Humphries who was the BBC News main man, and loved the Devils, and Huw Bevan who was the top man in BBC Sport dept, who also loved the devils, these two done more than anyone to promote the devils and the sport. Unfortunately when these guys went, so did our regular coverage.
But don’t forget, JL chased those guys down in the first instance, almost begged for coverage then their interest grew and it flourished. What I’m saying is, shouldn’t we be actively engaging with the BBC on a regular basis rather than assume they will cover us (which isn’t happening at the moment).

BostonBart22

Thread starter #12
Seem to remember BBC covering a programme called FACE OFF think it was hosted by Steve James that was a 30 min slot in those days I believe..

Wannabe2

6 programs per season, I worked on everyone of them, Face Off was the brainchild of Huw Bevan, 10-35pm on a Monday night. Best hockey program ever made in the UK, have everyone of them on dvd. It sure was hosted by Steve James, commentary be Richard Boprey and Paul Ferguson.

kingmo19.1

6 programs per season, I worked on everyone of them, Face Off was the brainchild of Huw Bevan, 10-35pm on a Monday night. Best hockey program ever made in the UK, have everyone of them on dvd. It sure was hosted by Steve James, commentary be Richard Boprey and Paul Ferguson.

Are you able to upload them somehow? Would be great to see them again.

I still have them all (and the VHS player I'm ashamed to say). Fantastic programme and rightly regarded as the best hockey highlights show ever produced. If memory serves, the first ever show covered the first league game of the 91/92 season when we beat the newly named Norwich & Peterborough Pirates 13-3. The great sports journalist Alan Wilkins was the presenter for the first 2 series. The final ever (perhaps fitting conclusion) episode was the Nottingham bench clearance game in 94/95 when Ross Lambert blind sided Doug McEwen (I thoroughly recommend the YouTube video). For those few who previously put up with my commentary, most of my best lines were stolen from Paul Ferguson - hands down the best commentator UK hockey has ever seen. Paul is now a successful author of crime fiction novels.

I still have them all (and the VHS player I'm ashamed to say). Fantastic programme and rightly regarded as the best hockey highlights show ever produced. If memory serves, the first ever show covered the first league game of the 91/92 season when we beat the newly named Norwich & Peterborough Pirates 13-3. The great sports journalist Alan Wilkins was the presenter for the first 2 series. The final ever (perhaps fitting conclusion) episode was the Nottingham bench clearance game in 94/95 when Ross Lambert blind sided Doug McEwen (I thoroughly recommend the YouTube video). For those few who previously put up with my commentary, most of my best lines were stolen from Paul Ferguson - hands down the best commentator UK hockey has ever seen. Paul is now a successful author of crime fiction novels.
Interesrting. Have you got the u tube link to see the above?