BBT - Rising from the ashes (with a funky new facelift), oh and ..... welcome to Ice Hockey in Leeds !!!!!

OJLloyd

Lads, we found one. His name was Benny Blood and he went about putting in hits, winding people up, putting up some decent numbers and generally endearing himself to the crowd.
Unfortunately we were in the CHL, people got to watch him and he got picked up by a better team in a better league.
The problem is that 6”4 D men who can play (because very, very few levels of hockey these days have room for out and out goons) are hard to come by, and in demand when they do exist.

jimmy snels

i think looking at elite prospects earlier this season there were a number of people who on paper fitted the bill. the issue is, lord doesnt want us to play physical hockey and wants to play a tic a tac a style on his top two lines, a more defensive 3rd and a 4th line whos job is effectively not to get scored on which is totally his perogative.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #26
i think looking at elite prospects earlier this season there were a number of people who on paper fitted the bill. the issue is, lord doesnt want us to play physical hockey and wants to play a tic a tac a style on his top two lines, a more defensive 3rd and a 4th line whos job is effectively not to get scored on which is totally his perogative.
Using your football reference, Devils these days are akin to Arsenal in the old days. They’d win 1-0 but it was boring as hell to watch!

From the same era -‘the man united style of play was certainly more exciting to watch.

jimmy snels

im not sure naming specific players was his point, more that we play a style thats brilliant at getting results but can be a tad dull as a spectacle

Gazza272

I'm not sure naming specific players was his point, more that we play a style thats brilliant at getting results but can be a tad dull as a spectacle
I kind of get that, but the way we play suit's our two best players to a degree? We aren't a defensively minded team for my money, we always look to assert ourselves the Offensive zone, and we always look to get Fourns and Martin (amongst others) skating.

We aren't this pre historic Dave Matsos like team, which I would say is more akin to Arsenal of the early 90's.

The term was 'boring as hell' Which is fair enough if that's what the poster really thinks, I just find it pretty far of the mark.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #30
I kind of get that, but the way we play suit's our two best players to a degree? We aren't a defensively minded team for my money, we always look to assert ourselves the Offensive zone, and we always look to get Fourns and Martin (amongst others) skating.

We aren't this pre historic Dave Matsos like team, which I would say is more akin to Arsenal of the early 90's.

The term was 'boring as hell' Which is fair enough if that's what the poster really thinks, I just find it pretty far of the mark.
I think a fair number of fans have mentioned that the style of play is boring this year. Sterile, not entertaining a few of the phrases that spring to mind. Must put up with it as it’s a winning style (for the moment at least).