BBT - Rising from the ashes (with a funky new facelift), oh and ..... welcome to Ice Hockey in Leeds !!!!!

Diablo3

They have had the BBT since we took it down but it's taken this long to get it rebuilt. (They half built it, then it blew down). But it does raise the prospect of another team at some stage in the EIHL which is a good thing. All we need now is one in London and one in Bristol (for our Boxing day trip). :)

jimmy snels

i kinda miss it though. stood at the glass, actual physical play to watch and a cheap bar. no parking fees, cheaper tickets. The odd war of a game we would talk about for years to come. some real gem players like weller, bissonette, vother, typlitski and osaer. some characters like jeff pierce and matt elich who were interesting to work out but delivered some of the best goals ive seen. a world record run.

im refusing to remember the crap sight lines, smell or the dross signings at this point :p

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #6
i kinda miss it though. stood at the glass, actual physical play to watch and a cheap bar. no parking fees, cheaper tickets. The odd war of a game we would talk about for years to come. some real gem players like weller, bissonette, vother, typlitski and osaer. some characters like jeff pierce and matt elich who were interesting to work out but delivered some of the best goals ive seen. a world record run.

im refusing to remember the crap sight lines, smell or the dross signings at this point :p
And as you walked up you could hear the pre-game music blasting out (what’s happened to that these days ???). When the tent was rocking it was far better than when the Viola is rocking (not that
It happens much in the Viola).

Wannabe2

You ‘can’t compare the two, one was very intimate with fans nye on the ice, small venue with no where the noise could go, a more physical game as it was then, fans banging on the plexi, fans trying to get into the sin bin, fans threatening players as they were thrown out of the game, bigger hits tidy fights, a pure joy to be there. Now we have a far bigger venue, with seating only, set back off the ice, a different game as it gets more and more tame, real characters on the ice have disappeared, put all those together and there’s no comparison. It’s a sign of the times, faster game, more skillfull game, but unfortunately a step backwards in entertainment value. Still love my times there, but I am easily pleased fortunately.

jimmy snels

i honestly believe weller is the best dman we ever had. the impact he made that year was startling. every year since ive hoped that once the NHL camps were done we would go for a guy like him.
i still believe you can play a more physical entertaining game in cardiff and be successful. infact our current roster themselves look far better when they get stuck in. its a roster decision to play like we do. a guy like weller didnt have a fight for us but christ he could hit. people just gave him the puck rather than battle past him. i hear people saying how good this and that guy are and i think to myself would i swap him for a 6 ft 4 plus D man who can play? yep i would

Gazza272

i honestly believe weller is the best dman we ever had. the impact he made that year was startling. every year since ive hoped that once the NHL camps were done we would go for a guy like him.
i still believe you can play a more physical entertaining game in cardiff and be successful. infact our current roster themselves look far better when they get stuck in. its a roster decision to play like we do. a guy like weller didnt have a fight for us but christ he could hit. people just gave him the puck rather than battle past him. i hear people saying how good this and that guy are and i think to myself would i swap him for a 6 ft 4 plus D man who can play? yep i would
I don't think I ever saw Weller leave his feet in the time he played here. People (I'm looking at you Corey) would literally bounce off of him.

Wannabe2

Best ever alongside Rob Davison who only played a few games for us, Weller was a diamond if our present owners were our owners then, he would have been here for years and he was a Calgary boy, pure pure class.