Belfast double header weekend approaching.

Pondlife

Thread starter #1
From their website it seems that it’s business as usual for the Giants. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

TIA

I've had to scrap my plans. The final straw was the airline cancelling flights between Cardiff and Belfast.

I probably could have sourced an alternative, but as I'm just getting over Covid I'm not quite ready to go away anyway.

kettdevil1

I've had to scrap my plans. The final straw was the airline cancelling flights between Cardiff and Belfast.

I probably could have sourced an alternative, but as I'm just getting over Covid I'm not quite ready to go away anyway.
Oh gosh, firstly hope you feel better soon. Secondly, any cancellation of flights is going to really hit Devils fans. I am going from Birmingham and my last four flights have all been either cancelled or moved so I am just waiting and hoping that this one doesn't go the same way....

Ta. I'm on the mend. Its week 3 for me and all thats left is mild but persistent cough so I'm well over the worst. Sods law I caught it on our first weekend break since Feb 2020 (coincidentally the last Belfast weekender).

We were flying out of Heathrow but back into Cardiff. There are other factors playing on my mind so probably better that I just watch it from home.

Its Eastern Airways. I think they were flying out of George Best.

They emailed me a few days back. It seems all flights 17 Jan to 10 Mar have been cancelled.

Wannabe2

I haven’t recieved an E Mail from them, I booked flights with them for 3rd Feb - 6th Feb back in Oct from Cardiff to George Best Airport.

I haven’t recieved an E Mail from them, I booked flights with them for 3rd Feb - 6th Feb back in Oct from Cardiff to George Best Airport.
Expedia contacted me first as I'd booked via them. I was on a webchat with Expedia and they said their records showed the airline had emailed me (I hadn't received anything from them at the point).

So I emailed customersupport@easternairways.com

And that's when they sent me the letter about the cancelled flights.

NathanG

Ryanair apparently not flying to Belfast.

Looking at EasyJet, only £50 return…interesting.
Ah, I see. I've booked a one way from Bristol to Dublin Friday morning with Ryanair. Then getting the train to Belfast for the game in the evening. Looking forward to it. Big Swigs on the cards.

NathanG

Ah, I see. I've booked a one way from Bristol to Dublin Friday morning with Ryanair. Then getting the train to Belfast for the game in the evening. Looking forward to it. Big Swigs on the cards.
That's this coming Friday, not the double header.

Out of curiosity, anyone going one to Belfast Friday?

JC23

Not in the arena there won’t be…hahaha.