Blaze vs Devils - 13 Oct 19 - League

Wannabe2

We win tonight but we were pretty poor, Bownsy was our saviour thankfully, Sointo has to stay, he isn’t a McNamee but is such a great addition and leads by example. Early days but we are 2nd in the league with game in hand. It’s a far better league this season as results have shown. Bit of work still to do lads, but we have the players to do just that.

Diablo3

I'll take that, we finally beat the Coventry curse. Thought Dixon and Pope along with Bownsy showed the way. I was also watching the Stars / Steelers game (free on You tube) and their (Steelers) D stayed home most of the game. Seems to work for them most of the time.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

A vital win in Coventry well done Devils. Two hard fought games this week in different ways. Standard of teams this season is so improved. The guys are finding ways to win. Grit and character are vital in times when the team aren't quite at their best. Hopefully McNamee back soon and Mosey is making good progress with his recovery.

mjh

Yep we are winning whilst not playing well. That's a good sign in a way. We can improve and continue to win. Belfast are dropping points so we need to keep rolling. Can't see us getting a result on Tuesday and if that is the case, it'll be good to focus entirely on the domestic titles. Got a feeling we will come good, especially when injuries clear up. Sointu is a star. We need that guy around for the whole year. Sign him up Mr King!

doron

looking at the league teams roster's is interesting reading? first id like to say you need age and experience but you also need speed and agility. its a fine mix ?? so look at this? players. on or under age of 27 in each team's roster
Glasgow 11 Cardiff 5 Sheffield 6 fife 8 Guilford 7 Coventry 16 Belfast 10 Nottingham 11 Dundee 13 manchester 17 ... so looking at that Cardiff in age-wise is the oldest in the group? so Coventry had 16 to 5 for cardiff today under 27 years of age. states took off elite league website i believe in CHL terms age will hold Cardiff back

Wannabe2

Are you talking CHL or are you talking EIHL, CHL wise we unfortunatelty won’t win it, EIHL wise we may well win it, and personally EIHL wise I think we will win it. Therefore a good mix is crucial.

doron

in eihl terms, its working so far, but teams are changing and now age is more important, in chl terms it will hold the team back ,

Wannabe2

CHL wise no EIHL will ever win it, that’s a fact, EIHL wise this club will address that due to the fact they know exactly what they are doing.

kingmo19.1

looking at the league teams roster's is interesting reading? first id like to say you need age and experience but you also need speed and agility. its a fine mix ?? so look at this? players. on or under age of 27 in each team's roster
Glasgow 11 Cardiff 5 Sheffield 6 fife 8 Guilford 7 Coventry 16 Belfast 10 Nottingham 11 Dundee 13 manchester 17 ... so looking at that Cardiff in age-wise is the oldest in the group? so Coventry had 16 to 5 for cardiff today under 27 years of age. states took off elite league website i believe in CHL terms age will hold Cardiff back
You’ll never win anything with kids as Alan Hansen once said! Oh, hang on ......

pjj365

Stayed out the box which has helped

BUT looking at EIHL Gamesheets seems lowest number of calls across both teams and the leauge tonight.

Anything to do with a Canadian ref I wonder

august04

Admittedly I wasn’t there (but I saw the webcast) - but the worrying thing for me is that Lord said in his interview that he thought it was a really entertaining game. I thought it was a borefest! Another 2 points in the bag though.

Rob Batch

I enjoyed the game due to the end to end nature of it. 'River' , don't know why that term is used. Looked to me like we were trying to win without expending too much energy. 2 pts in the bag, nice !