Boston Bruins sack their head coach

Thread starter #1
So said Sky Sports News, anyone a Bruins fan? I saw he was with them for 10 seasons or something, and that they were on course to miss the playoffs for a third consecutive season.

Never like to see a mid-season sacking, but equally the Bruins have expectations regardless of how bad their form might be at any given time.

JC23

As a Bruins fan, Julien was NOT the problem.

Trading away our best players for has been players falls at the feet of Don Sweeney.

ASHIPP

As a Bruins fan, Julien was NOT the problem.

Trading away our best players for has been players falls at the feet of Don Sweeney.
Julien widely tipped as Head Coach of newly formed Las Vegas Golden Knights - inaugural season in NHL next season.

Not the only Head Coach to be sacked this season - 2 other experienced heads have gone, Gallant (Panthers), Hitchcock (Blues)

Pondlife

Team seem to be responding well to the new guy. Was listening to a podcast earlier by a comedian who's a massive Bruins fan.

JC23

Team seem to be responding well to the new guy. Was listening to a podcast earlier by a comedian who's a massive Bruins fan.
I think it helps that he worked with practically all of the young guys on the team at Providence Bruins. The one thing I've noticed over the past 8 games is how much more confident the young guys are. Some awesome plays from the likes of Cehlarik (sp?) lately, tonight especially.

kettdevil1

Interesting to see Canadiens are also 6w-1l since signing Julien.
And it looks as though both teams will have extended seasons so it all worked out well....

Nobody hotter than the Flames at the moment though, I have waited even longer for Calgary to win the cup than for the Devils.... maybe this year?