Bowns ….

jenks33

A bit underwhelming for Ben. I’m sure it will be a good life experience but he must have been hoping for a chance in a better league.

moggy#9

A bit underwhelming for Ben. I’m sure it will be a good life experience but he must have been hoping for a chance in a better league.
There's at least the advantage that he will be available for GB. The top euro leagues don't seem to want a chance. I wonder if the timing was wrong for him to be offered a North American try out. He could easily do echl, and would surely want a shot at the ahl.

Kevlar68

Ben was a amazing nettie for us, one of our best BUT isn't it time to move on?
We're now 2 seasons on from his last game for devils. He wanted to leave, he wanted to play in Europe and he has.
Think it's time to let him go and focus on our coach and players.
With huge hope we'll have our team playing in 2 months.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Ben was a amazing nettie for us, one of our best BUT isn't it time to move on?
We're now 2 seasons on from his last game for devils. He wanted to leave, he wanted to play in Europe and he has.
Think it's time to let him go and focus on our coach and players.
With huge hope we'll have our team playing in 2 months.
I'm sure that when we have a bit more devils dtuff to focus on people will move on. There's no harm on following the careers of people like bownsy, lordo, and (even though he's not one of ours) Liam kirk. Their success is in a small way a success for the British game.

Wannabe2

Think the Slovakian league is a good standard, higher than the EIHL probably, maybe the British game got a bit stale to Ben. I would have welcomed him back, but it is what it is and as always we move on. Stay safe all.

jenks33

Think the Slovakian league is a good standard, higher than the EIHL probably, maybe the British game got a bit stale to Ben. I would have welcomed him back, but it is what it is and as always we move on. Stay safe all.
I think it’s arguably on par with the EIHL these days. The whole league in Slovakia is probably stronger but the top 4 teams in the EIHL would do well in Slovakia in my opinion. It will be a good life experience for Ben but he would have been hoping for something better I’m sure.
He’s certainly better off in Slovakia than the EIHL tho. I’ve said a few times I think Ben lost a bit of hunger and motivation in the EIHL, he’s got nothing left to prove or achieve in this league.