Bowns Departure Confirmed By Devils

moggy#9

Amazing listening to all the tribute videos for bownsy from the other players. But wow, jardine is crazy. Sometimes he reminds me of a young Shannon hope.

Mazzoak

Good luck to Ben, he’s been the deciding factor in many results that have flattered a less than stellar performance by players over a few seasons now.
The Devils & supporters are more than used to supporting a club that’s been through far worse over the last 34 yrs. These departures now rely on our current owner group to play their part in the clubs history.

Interesting times.........

doron

good luck bownsy fpr the future. i look forward to seeing you go from strength to strength, thanks for all you did for the devils and the sport in general.

Who is out there that is a realistic replacement for Bowns.... Not that my knowledge of uk hockey/ower leagues is great but certainly wont be a brit in net for us, which if im correct will the Devils aim to sign a top brit, for example Ben Davies?

I think we will look to a top European league for Bens replacement myself

jenks33

Who is out there that is a realistic replacement for Bowns.... Not that my knowledge of uk hockey/ower leagues is great but certainly wont be a brit in net for us, which if im correct will the Devils aim to sign a top brit, for example Ben Davies?

I think we will look to a top European league for Bens replacement myself
I think we’ve probably already signed Ben Davies. There have been a few whispers that he’s coming back and I think Guildford would have announced him by now. I’ll be surprised if Bownsy’s replacement isn’t North American

moggy#9

This is an interesting one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember the devils ever having had a non British European trained goalie. That said our European connections now are such that we could probably get some pretty solid recommendations. The route we take might be dependent upon whether we go for a tandem or have a clear primary goalie. Where goalies from other teams have looked suspect to me has been rebound control and puck handling. Finding someone who ticks those boxes, but who can't get a gig at a higher level will be tough. I wonder if we could find someone with potential looking for a development opportunity, though dropping a first year pro into the deep end would be too much of a risk.

This is an interesting one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember the devils ever having had a non British European trained goalie. That said our European connections now are such that we could probably get some pretty solid recommendations. The route we take might be dependent upon whether we go for a tandem or have a clear primary goalie. Where goalies from other teams have looked suspect to me has been rebound control and puck handling. Finding someone who ticks those boxes, but who can't get a gig at a higher level will be tough. I wonder if we could find someone with potential looking for a development opportunity, though dropping a first year pro into the deep end would be too much of a risk.
Kamil Kosowski, Polish born and trained NM played half a season for the Devils a few years back.
Represented Poland and played for Tychy. A decent nm if I recall!