Bownsy at Graz

Learning German through the medium of hockey commentary is no mean feat!!!!!
With regards to Bowns, I think the fact that he left (in theory and I’m not having a go) before Covid of his own volition, the position he plays, and the league he’s gone to probably having the highest profile plus all that moggy said are the reasons why

Kevlar68

Let's be honest he really didn't do us wrong did he and he just had a below par season in his last year and even with a below par bowns we still finished top of league so can't knock him.
Sometimes people miss read posts or take them out of context that's why sometimes we have to explain ourselves.

KaneDevils

Mate your doing my head in don’t just point the finger and so on if you got something to say then say it , I have never taken anything away from what he done at the club and for what he won here at Cardiff , and anything I say is nothing personal about him , last season I don’t think he had his best season and If he could of he would of been gone before last season , so again I’m not slagging him off and I have nothing against him he is a good netminder and has done the club good and I wish him all the best for his future never said any different , my views where from last season alone nothing else
This is fair enough, but you did say different.
"Bowns doesnt want to be here, and it shows". That's unfair and inaccurate. Badly worded. What you replied to me was also badly worded, to the point it was deleted. Maybe think before you post a little more.

moggy#9

Thread starter #65
Learning German through the medium of hockey commentary is no mean feat!!!!!
With regards to Bowns, I think the fact that he left (in theory and I’m not having a go) before Covid of his own volition, the position he plays, and the league he’s gone to probably having the highest profile plus all that moggy said are the reasons why
Lol! Luckily I'm using other means for most of it, but listening to commentary trains the ear to pick certain words out. Btw I'd recommend the mobile apps for the DEL and Swiss national leagues.

Last edited:

JC23

Knee injury is what I’m hearing, also seen quotes that Graz are looking for someone to come in as starter now he’s injured, so doesn’t sound great.

moggy#9

Thread starter #72
Knee injury is what I’m hearing, also seen quotes that Graz are looking for someone to come in as starter now he’s injured, so doesn’t sound great.
Oh wow. That sounds like a long term thing. I hope that Graz look after their guys as well as the devils do.

Keeper Ben Bowns was seriously injured in the knee in the game between the 99ers and Dornbirn.

Ben Bowns seriously injured, 99ers have to find a new goalie

Have to say that doesn’t look good to me. Hope it’s not as serious as it looks, get well soon Ben.
7DBC9BD2-8DD7-4DEC-AE2E-01711D7E4F9E.jpeg

Last edited:

Mazzoak

The problem with so much down time, training doesn’t replicate the intensity of games, just as with Bale, the smallest stiffness can cause injury that normally wouldn’t occur. That’s bad luck, really bad timing.