Brenden Shanahan

I think hes retired or has started work outside of hockey...... It was on nasn earlier but didnt catch all of it. Jagrs gone to russia i think and sean avery has gone to dallas, 3 impact players lost unfortunately for rangers.

Ih8Sheffield said:
I think hes retired or has started work outside of hockey...... It was on nasn earlier but didnt catch all of it. Jagrs gone to russia i think and sean avery has gone to dallas, 3 impact players lost unfortunately for rangers.
probably the best thing that has happened to the Rags in ages, they have more strength in depth this year than previously relying on Jagr and Shanahan.

My Bad. Ive been playing way to much NHL. The trades on there are slipping in to real hockey in my head.

Its ok cause im sure Marty Brodeur is coming to Cardiff :twisted:

Burgy said:
My Bad. Ive been playing way to much NHL. The trades on there are slipping in to real hockey in my head.

Its ok cause im sure Marty Brodeur is coming to Cardiff :twisted:
with some of the goals he's let in since the start of the season a certain faction of Devils fans would crucify him :D :lol:

according to NASN and the flyers website, we (flyers) are in talks with him, paul holmgren held a meeting with him on monday and he should make a decision in 7-10days.
have to say its a pretty dodgy move being an ex ranger :p
but it seems to happen alot in hockey

Thread starter #10
MikeRichards18 said:
according to NASN and the flyers website, we (flyers) are in talks with him, paul holmgren held a meeting with him on monday and he should make a decision in 7-10days.
so he has not actually retired then he just does not have a team?

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
MikeRichards18 said:
I think he's doing a Sundin, he has retired, but may come back.

Thread starter #12
Iceraider said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
MikeRichards18 said:
I think he's doing a Sundin, he has retired, but may come back.
rumour around is he is interested in a deal from the Ducks i think i read on NHL

steve

the ducks had to get rid of bertuzzi (despite still being in contract) just to free up wage cap space for neidermayer's return once he decided not to retire, so i'm not sure how they would finance that one - some Sheffield like financial juggling probably!

Thread starter #16
MikeRichards18 said:
some Sheffield like financial juggling probably!
is there any other way? :lol:
beat me to it lol, i thought it was a bit of an issue with Selanne, Scott N, Pronger, then you have Perry, Getzlaf etc who will be on a bit of $$ lol, heard he was also offered by Ottawa, can we lend him til march :D

During the first period break for the Islanders Vs Flyers the other day they mentioned 3 teams are interested in Shanahan.

The teams being

St Louis
New York Islanders - As he lives near
New Jersey Devils - Who drafted him

No mention of flyers or Ducks looking at him

Thread starter #18
Burgy said:
During the first period break for the Islanders Vs Flyers the other day they mentioned 3 teams are interested in Shanahan.

The teams being

St Louis
New York Islanders - As he lives near
New Jersey Devils - Who drafted him

No mention of flyers or Ducks looking at him
sorry we were on about Sundin lol not Shanahan, interesting we shall see where/if he ends up anywhere

Another one going round at the moment and was mention on Islanders Tv is that New Jersey could be signing Rolosen from the Oilers to play in the pipes till Marty comes back.

Thread starter #20
Burgy said:
Another one going round at the moment and was mention on Islanders Tv is that New Jersey could be signing Rolosen from the Oilers to play in the pipes till Marty comes back.

yeah thats been around for a week or so, as Oilers have 3 decent goalies