Brent Pope

With any luck he will do so well that they offer him an amazing job so he does not have to come back to the Devils.

Whistle all the way please :)

Earnie

Hey KiP - you didn't think you were going to get a full page without someone wrecking it?

At least I got nearly four pages with WHISTLE topic before the cretins wrecked it!!

Finny

For all the criticism he has got over the past couple of months, Brent is an excellent commentator who I've enjoyed listening to in the past and am looking forward to hearing again this year.

Do we know what sports he will be commentating on?

davew

Finny said:
For all the criticism he has got over the past couple of months, Brent is an excellent commentator who I've enjoyed listening to in the past and am looking forward to hearing again this year.

Do we know what sports he will be commentating on?
someone wasn't watching the US v Finland women's hockey opener this morning. :eek:

davew

too late to edit....

from BBC media press release dec 2013...

British Ice Hockey league veteran and current Cardiff Devils coach Brent Pope will be rink-side with Seth Bennett

so looks like only hockey this year.

Chris

Administrator
Finny said:
For all the criticism he has got over the past couple of months, Brent is an excellent commentator who I've enjoyed listening to in the past
Agreed!

I have no real interest in the Winter Olympics, but his commentary on some of the webcasts i've managed to catch this season has been great.

Mooney#16

Whoa. Brent Pope love in alert. Bit early for drinking.

Just a general good luck in Russia seems to do it judging by the pictures and stories coming out of Sochi. If you don't come back without needing a tetanus booster you haven't lived.

rolf

this netminder has seen more rubber than a cheap hooker is one of his best........remember don't say this at home kids waaaaaaah

drainage

The guy is a good commentator lets wish him well ......and if his association with Devils gets mentioned so much the better , we now have an Eastenders fan global domination beckons!

drainage said:
The guy is a good commentator lets wish him well ......and if his association with Devils gets mentioned so much the better , we now have an Eastenders fan global domination beckons!
Agree with above post. All the best in Russia Brent. Now wait for some nerd to make a stupid comment about his hats.

youngbob

10redcastleknight said:
drainage said:
Agree with above post. All the best in Russia Brent. Now wait for some nerd to make a stupid comment about his hats.
Any association with British hockey can only be good for the game at all levels - attendance at EIHL, through to "Dad, can I try that?"