Brent Walton

Devil94

Thread starter #1
Thought this news deserves its own thread. The retirement of Brent Walton. Unfortunately this season was one too much for his knees, but last year we saw what a great player he was. A great team guy, a true devil. Thank you, and all the best for the future to you and your family.

I'd like to echo that, and was pleased he got such a great reception last night. It's sad that he didn't get to play at IAW, but nevertheless made a great contribution this season. It'd be great to see him offered a coaching role within the club, but either way I wish him all the best.

ASHIPP

There was a thread about Brent's injury a couple of months ago.

A good player and great team guy whose playing career abruptly and cruelly ended by injury that needed surgery.

Thankyou Wally for all your time and work for our club. So glad that you felt Cardiff was like a second home. So sorry you didn't get a chance to play at IAW.

Wishing Brent, Lisa and their gorgeous children a happy and successful future.

SteveKing

I would definitely like to add to this thread. Not only was Brent an incredibly talented hockey player (I think many people forget that our team lost the fourth leading scorer in the league for essentially this entire year) but as many have said, one of the best team guys I've seen. Brent is a very kind, generous and dangerously funny person who will definitely be missed by this organization.

It has been a real privilege to get to know Brent and the whole organization wishes him, Lisa and their two beautiful children the best as they move on to their life away from the rink (or at least until Colby starts tearing up the rink anyways!).

wildthing74

Great guy and a fantastic family that it's been a pleasure getting to know.The guy is so passionate and aside from being a great player he's a great team member and has done anything he can to keep the guys spirits up even though he's been very down himself about how his career ended.

Complete nutter and funny guy and his presence will be missed as players can be replaced easily but not always easy to find a great character to go with it.

Also the fans that travel with RAT too have gotten to spend a lot of time with him in recent weeks and he's made many new friends among the supporters.In addition we have won every game he's been on the road so he retires with a perfect record!

Things will work out for Wally as special people get what they deserve in the end.

Thanks for your efforts in Cardiff and good luck to you all,you will all be missed.

DevilDom

Genuinely nice and funny guy who it was a pleasure to speak to on the RAT bus a couple of times.

Thanks for your time in Cardiff Wally and all the best to you and your family for the future.

Good luck for the future Brent and family, it was a privilege to watch you play!! Thanks for helping bring the pride back to the Devils jersey

#18 GO DEVILS!!!!!

mazza03

One of my favorite players this last couple of season, he will be sorely missed as will Colby flying around the ice, if he skates as fast as he runs then watch out in a few years. :D
Good luck to him, Lisa and the kids, keep in touch. :Banana