Can anyone stop Belfast?

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #1
Looking at Belfast right now they are absolutely on fire, tearing teams apart - can anyone stop them? I think having a competitive EIHL is fantastic so it’s great to see top quality teams battling it out but right now I wonder if anyone can compete with Belfast. They are fast, clinical with their shooting & have an excellent D. Looking at recent results they look like a cut above the rest. Do you think anyone can beat them to the title? If so, which teams can do it?

Rob Batch

I remember Josh putting Adam Keefe back in his box, I expect the 'Devils' to do the same when we burst into their back-yard ! Pretenders to the throne. Unacceptable !!!

Wannabe2

Looking at Belfast right now they are absolutely on fire, tearing teams apart - can anyone stop them? I think having a competitive EIHL is fantastic so it’s great to see top quality teams battling it out but right now I wonder if anyone can compete with Belfast. They are fast, clinical with their shooting & have an excellent D. Looking at recent results they look like a cut above the rest. Do you think anyone can beat them to the title? If so, which teams can do it?
Well the better team on the night lost last night, Steelers hit the post twice, conceeded a goal in the last second of a pk, and lost a empty netter. Giants are obviously good, but they are far from unbeatable, lots of games still to play, it’s still in our hands at the moment. Come on Steelers take this game today, God that statement sticks in the throat.

Earnie

At the beginning of the season the team you are describing was Cardiff Devils.
Giants were not doing so well and Devils were flying. It can turn. Can anyone stop them - sure, we can.

Pondlife

6 weeks ago the odds on Belfast winning the league were 11/1. At that time the Devils were in full flow and the Giants were stuck in the mud. Situations change and will continue to do so.

explain how you arrive at the better team lost?
steelers had a great 2nd period, just like Giants had a great 1st, steelers hit post twice, Giants hit post and crossbar.
Giants DIDNT score on the powerplay......Steelers scored on powerplay ….also scored penalty shot, but you didn't mention all that.
Giants outshot Steelers 28-24.
At the end of the day its all about the onion bag

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #9
Well the better team on the night lost last night, Steelers hit the post twice, conceeded a goal in the last second of a pk, and lost a empty netter. Giants are obviously good, but they are far from unbeatable, lots of games still to play, it’s still in our hands at the moment. Come on Steelers take this game today, God that statement sticks in the throat.
I didn’t see the game but sounds like a lot of quality hockey was played.

Milky

Is this a genuine post or a sarcastic one based upon the 'is this precessional for the Devils' one?

Ger-Devils

Was at the game as a neutral as the girlfriend is a Giants fan and they looked out on their feet which isn’t a bad thing.

Sheffield first to every puck and looked very good for large parts of the game. Could have been 4-0 end of the first but the poor shot option in front of net and the breakaway from their own blue line kept it at 2-0.

Refs let things go as they should as both teams tried to play with an edge.

Probably the right outcome overall but if Sheffield took their opportunities last night in the second, it could have been interesting