Cardiff Devils 2019/20.

If I had to choose a import net minder from this season, my choice would be matt ginn from the storm. Think he's a outstanding netminder. Although I still hope bowns returns though.
Brits - like the look of cownie from Dundee, think hed be a good addition.

kingmo19.1

From what I saw of Carr his rebound control seemed questionable at times. Motte looked excellent. I felt Owens was over rated.
Had Motte been with the Blaze from day 1 (and maintained that form), they'd have been occupying 1st place in the league table.

Stewart did an awesome recruitment job this season and would probably be coach of the season for me (considering where they were last season!).

I think he was under pressure to ensure his team was in the mix, considering the Blaze 'Prodigal Son' is out of work and no doubt sniffing around for opportunities !!

august04

Whether you liked or disliked this years team one thing we should all agree on is we’re a mentally tough team under Lord. I look at this years roster and in my opinion it is full of players that have struggled or underachieved yet somehow we were top of the league and I think we would have gone onto win it. I do think Lordo is a bit too conservative at times but the saying “you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone” springs to mind when people question him. And I’ll admit I’ve occasionally questioned his decisions. I tend to agree with kettdevil1 that we might see more changes than usual this off season. This might be too early for some people but at the moment these are the players that I’d like to see back next season. Once the dust has settled though I might change my mind on one or two.
Bowns - Although a part of me feels he’s crying out for a new challenge in a different league.

Fournier
Richardson
Jardine

Martin
Haddad
Dixon
Riley
Mcnamee
Mosey
Duggan
Myers
Batch
I’d agree with all of these returning and those missing from this list not returning, although there is an argument for Morrisonn too as he no doubt stabilised us significantly at the back and made Jardine look like the player we had expected. But he may not want to return and I would imagine he was on big money which might be better spent elsewhere. I’ve always been a fan of Louis too but I don’t think he’ll be back next year in Cardiff. He seemed to be the unlucky one whenever Lord recalled Reddick - and partnering McMonagle for most of the season must have been an absolute nightmare. I hope we recruit defencemen next season who can actually defend first and foremost. I would like Bowns to stay but I also feel he needs an import netminder alongside him or a Brit who Lord trusts to play more than Murdy, (not many of the latter around though) - both for competition and to ease the ridiculous workload that has been placed on him, which I think has seen his form suffer a little this year. Overall, while I think we would have won the league this year, it’s probably been my least enjoyable season to watch the Devils under the new regime. On our day, we looked unstoppable and a joy to watch but those times were few and far between which was frustrating.

Devilsatw

I can see at least 6 changes being made and I hope they are young fast and hungry players tbh.

Someone to freshen up the devils who has something to prove

Devils86

New rules kick in next year on dressing 20 etc so I wouldn’t expect an import NM. Think Lawday or Perre will backstop Bowns again which means another long tough season for him.

Expect Duggan to be bumped up the lines and Rutkis to play 4th line week-in-week-out.

3 or 4 forwards to leave - a mix of: time to move on, retirement and a need to upgrade.

I’d personally love some to stay but anticipate that for some it will be just too far/not right.

jenks33

I’d agree with all of these returning and those missing from this list not returning, although there is an argument for Morrisonn too as he no doubt stabilised us significantly at the back and made Jardine look like the player we had expected. But he may not want to return and I would imagine he was on big money which might be better spent elsewhere. I’ve always been a fan of Louis too but I don’t think he’ll be back next year in Cardiff. He seemed to be the unlucky one whenever Lord recalled Reddick - and partnering McMonagle for most of the season must have been an absolute nightmare. I hope we recruit defencemen next season who can actually defend first and foremost. I would like Bowns to stay but I also feel he needs an import netminder alongside him or a Brit who Lord trusts to play more than Murdy, (not many of the latter around though) - both for competition and to ease the ridiculous workload that has been placed on him, which I think has seen his form suffer a little this year. Overall, while I think we would have won the league this year, it’s probably been my least enjoyable season to watch the Devils under the new regime. On our day, we looked unstoppable and a joy to watch but those times were few and far between which was frustrating.
Only reason I left Morrisonn off my list is his age. He will be 38 next season and I think I’d rather us go for a similar player that’s younger who might hopefully stick around for a few years.

Temme

I wonder how much the team will change for next season,

19/20 saw us with the Tallest, Heaviest & Oldest team in the EIHL.

Although with that being said, we were one of the fastest also, which kinda contradicts the facts.

I'm sure there will be the normal changes.

It's really frustrating that we didn't get to give these guys a fairwell sendoff,

I'd hate to think that someone has just played their final professional game without an opportunity to go out 'on their terms' so to speak.