Cardiff Devils Award Night

CaldicotDevil

Thread starter #1
This might kill some time before the big weekend.

The Devils posted about the awards night yesterday. Normally the awards pick themselves, with one stand out guy in each category but this years is so difficult to choose. The categories are;

Defenceman of the Year

Forward of the Year

Unsung Hero

Fan Favourite

Most Valuable Player

-------------

My choices are;
Defenceman of the Year
Fourns
Forward of the Year
Linglet
Unsung Hero
Myers
Fan Favourite
Dixon
Most Valuable Player
Fourns.

There's some big names missing off my list which shows how good our squad depth is.

Be interesting see what everyone else would choose.

Wannabe2

Caldecott Agree with your list except I would have Joey Martin as most valuable player, not only for his scoring, Joey never stops, he is all over the ice, backchecking, hitting, getting in the rough corners, and can be a feisty bugger at times, a great leader in my mind this lad is Priceless.

CaldicotDevil

Thread starter #4
Caldecott Agree with your list except I would have Joey Martin as most valuable player, not only for his scoring, Joey never stops, he is all over the ice, backchecking, hitting, getting in the rough corners, and can be a feisty bugger at times, a great leader in my mind this lad is Priceless.
IMO Martins had his best season as a Devil but a D Man who's produced 70 points surely has to MVP. We were amazed when Hoth got to 61 last year. Gleason hit 70 already and still has more games to go.

Wannabe2

Gleason is phenomenal and worth his weight in gold, the best offensive defensman ever in my books, But Martin is a player you would build your team around, to me he is the complete package, sometimes I just concentrate on his play, and he blows me away with his commitment, passion, skill, and everything he brings to this team. It’s all down to personal choice, no one is wrong both these players are truly untrue, but it’s Joey for me, he is the modern day Doug McEwen for me.

Temme

Fournier is 4 points away from the EIHL record in D scoring, a record that has stood since the inaugural season (2003).

He's also +52, +10 clear of 2nd place and +20 clear of anyone else.

Fournier will win every award that he is eligible for at the POFW weekend that's for sure