Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

Gazza272

I would say that Jake will play that role. A second line winger and two d-men is what I thought we'd go for. I guess it will depend on Lordo wants Moore and Batch to play.
Fair point, will be interesting to see.

If either Hotham were to go my money would be on Scott, which would be a great shame.

I still think it will be two import forwards and 1 D left to sign. We need a natural centre on that 4th line. Mo, Batch and Moore would not give us that.

bb1

Regardless of who doesn't come back....they are not irreplaceable. However A.Hotham would be a tough guy to replace however don't forget we are champions and aren't going to keep these guys forever. We are in a position where guys are asking to come here and with the league getting stronger year on year we will see more Andrew Hothams appearing.

If both Hothams and Asselin weren't to return then I'm pretty sure Lordo will pick up guys who are just as good if not better.

We are in a great position as a club and should have a stronger team this season

ASHIPP

Think this signing will either be an U23 player, or will be an import player for that 4th line. It is still possible that Azzy and the Hotham Brothers might be back (because the Club might decide to roll extra players like last season) - we will possibly have a clearer idea with today's announcement.

Think this signing will either be an U23 player, or will be an import player for that 4th line. It is still possible that Azzy and the Hotham Brothers might be back (because the Club might decide to roll extra players like last season) - we will possibly have a clearer idea with today's announcement.
I agree, my 1st thoughts were could be a youngster who is stepping up to EIHL.