Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

Pondlife

So as it stands we're less than a fortnight away from pre-season with space for 1 import and another 2 U23 Brits?

With still no official news on Asselin or S.Hotham. Is it possible that they could both come back if Mo takes on more management stuff?

Devil94

So as it stands we're less than a fortnight away from pre-season with space for 1 import and another 2 U23 Brits?

With still no official news on Asselin or S.Hotham. Is it possible that they could both come back if Mo takes on more management stuff?
Less than a week, with camp starting next week. Don't think we'll have another u23, just one import. And then maybe a spare later on in pre season.

Have Hope#35

Less than a week, with camp starting next week. Don't think we'll have another u23, just one import. And then maybe a spare later on in pre season.
I can see our U23's being two way with very little Ice Time as they wouldn't be required to run 4 Lines! Someone has already said that Buglass is rumoured to be on a two way and maybe we'll go to Cardiff Fire for another two way player? As for the Final Import or two, they're likely already signed up now and I'd personally expect at least one announcement this week.

Johnnybravo1927

I am fairly sure Asselin is coming back. Ocko mentioned it the other day and he always strikes me as being clued up. 1 more import to go if we carry a spare.

pjj365

Well said steve, couldnt care a toss when hotham or any other player signed , he may have signed after the playoffs, who cares , we got the best D man in our league by far, just cant please certain fans can we.
Lordo did not lie but we put our spin on the "sleepless nights" statemen. Typical Lordo.

He's a past master at dropping hints and teasing so we all try second guessing him. But when he's teasing us just watch his eyes - they show the "truth"

He has never lied - maybe economical with the truth but that can be important to put other teams off the scent

Pondlife

"The return of Asselin means the Devils have managed to bring back every single one of their top 7 scorers on the team last season. "

BOOM! Welcome back Patrick!

Wannabe2

Bloody great news, so so pleased this awesome player is returning. Asselin is pure class, just like our organisation, to see so many great players wanting to return is a real joy. How Lush is it to know what a healthy position our club is in. Well played Lordo thank you so much.

trapped

Welcome back Patrick! I'm looking forward to hearing "Everyday I'm Asselin" played a lot this season!

The top 7 scorers with added firepower from Pope and whoever else is likely to be announced today as well as our u23 guys.

What a time to be a Devils' fan.

bb1

I wonder who the next import will be. Steve said it will be a 3/4th line centre......tough no nonsense type or a David Brine type grinder I wonder?!?!

Have Hope#35

I wonder who the next import will be. Steve said it will be a 3/4th line centre......tough no nonsense type or a David Brine type grinder I wonder?!?!
Hopefully a replacement for Bordy/Brine... Lets not forget that both of them had NHL experience so it could still be a gem!?

Devil94

Terry Phillips has said in his Asselin article that Lord has opted not to go for an enforcer this year, but instead go for a number of players who will drop the gloves instead. I assume Terry knows all the signings to come out today, so I'm expecting a grittier guy rather than a big guy.

Devil94

He must know before they are announced as his articles are always posted at the same time as the devils. A few media outlets will know who they are, but are embargoed until the time.