Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Finny

With regards Aulin.....maybe people need to look back on the thread to see where that rumour came from :D

As I said before, the problem with posters linking to random players and saying “we should sign this guy” is that it often turns into a rumour and the we get fans disappointed we didn’t sign that calibration of player.

ASHIPP

Morissette will be the spare/injury cover. Where else is he going to go? He is married and based in Cardiff. The club seem to think he has a role to play so he will be given something.

Finny

I too am really pleased with how our squad is looking. We might not have had the “wow” signings of Sheffield, Belfast or even Glasgow but we’ve definitely had the most “Wow” re-signings. If you had asked fans at the end of last season to pick 5 players they’d want back - would anyone have picked 5 who haven’t returned?

Mine would have been Martin, Bowns, Dixon, Fournier and Linglet. I’d have been happy with 3 of them. Delighted with 4. Never expected to get all 5.

And of the new guys, can’t wait to see them play. Riley will have the most pressure on him having left Belfast, but we know what he’ll bring as well as som of Belfast’s secrets.
Marjamaki looks to be an experienced replacement for Faryna. We never really replaced Faryna when he left and at times we lacked that massive hit to regain momentum in games towards end of season.
McNamee comes in as a bit of an unknown but Lordo has a reputation for doing his homework. He’s young and hopefully will be here for a long time, I’ve got the Stuart MacRae feel about him.
McMonagle adds a bit of experience on D whilst also having a reputation of scoring highly in some top European leagues whilst also having mostly good +-
Jardine sounds a great pickup as an all round strong Dman. He might well be looking at us as a stepping stone to Europe but how many times has that happened only for players to stay for multiple years.

Sheffield and Belfast both look arguably stronger on paper, but have had a high turnover in players. Hopefully we can get off to a good start as eventually both those teams will click.

Devilsatw

Morissette will be the spare/injury cover. Where else is he going to go? He is married and based in Cardiff. The club seem to think he has a role to play so he will be given something.
If that’s the case why not sign him up already? We have signed the whole team but not him.

Something strange is happening with him not being announced.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #532
If that’s the case why not sign him up already? We have signed the whole team but not him.

Why is it strange?

Maybe the club are keeping his signing until the end of the summer to be a final announcement before the games start?

I could be wrong, but isn't he the most successful captain we've had, or thereabouts?

Devilsatw

Why is it strange?

Maybe the club are keeping his signing until the end of the summer to be a final announcement before the games start?

I could be wrong, but isn't he the most successful captain we've had, or thereabouts?
Yes he is the most successful captain we have had.

He is usually announced already and for him not to be announced before all the coaching staff British players and even newbies makes me think he won’t be back as a player.

kingmo19.1

Not too fussed about Livingstone not returning, sorry to say but a pretty average player by all accounts. Sad to see Ulmer going, class player, but father time catches up with us all at some point.

Devils86

I hate to say it but I’m hugely disappointed.

Steve, where were the cryptic posts, subliminal hints?

(And the Devils announce Parisi again lol)

In all seriousness we can all join the dots. “D-corp finished” and posts about Ulmer and Livi leaving but nothing about Mo? Means he is back as our spare/part of the coaching set up and tbh that is perfect for him and us I think. Means we have a spare we can totally count on.

I am disappointed about Jimmy Livi - thought he would get another season to show what he could do. Only came in late last year and did a decent job when we needed bodies. Top bloke, wish him all the best.

If John or any of the guys from Icetime get a chance I’d love to ask Todd who has been brought it due to Evan’s injury? Forced our hand to step up and bring in someone we had wanted for a whole or had planned on running with a spare that could cover both forward/D (so Batch/Mosey)?

That roster has potential but add in a fit Mosey and that means some darn entertaining nights down the Viola.

(Edit: What do I know!)

Last edited:

jenks33

Not too fussed about Livingstone not returning, sorry to say but a pretty average player by all accounts. Sad to see Ulmer going, class player, but father time catches up with us all at some point.
I was surprised at how many fans wanted Livingston back. To be fair I thought he had a good play off final but I don’t think he added much to us down the stretch. In my opinion I don’t think Lordo rated him that highly either. Seemed like a good guy tho

I think just after we brought in Livingston Giants got Smotherman and he made an immediate Impact on a few games.
There are probably many good reasons how we ended up with Livi ( money, type of player needed, availability etc) but when the league was decided the way it was it does make you wonder.
I’m pretty sure we will have upgraded on him and I’m happy with him not returning.
Not that he’s not a good player and the effort was definitely always there

Wannabe2

Think Livingstone was the kind of player that would have got better in his 2nd season, he was obviously talented, and improved as time went on, and certainly wasn’t here for the ride. Wish him all the best, and thank him for contributing to a pretty good season.

BostonBart22

Maybe an announcement about MO on wednesday at the training session my gut feeling is bye bye. hope not as i wont be there, would be a shame if he leaves that way, hope not, how could devils replace the best shot blocker in the lge by far...