Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

jimmy snels

I thought Joey could easily have been one of the tough decisions this summer. I will reserve judgement on whether this is a masterstroke or an emotional decision that went wrong later. If he is to get to the levels of a few years ago happy days.

Mooney#16

All depends on how much Joey costs really I think. If he’s not a huge budget hit a gamble on a guy who if he hits form can be a potential league MVP is a no brainier. If he is taking to much budget then yes it is then a trickier call i’d say.

A fit Joey Haddad is a beast of a puck possession player and that instantly gives you a chance to win if the opposition can’t get the puck from him and the majority of his shifts are spent in the offensive zone. Personally i’m confident if he’d been fit down the stretch we’d be three times champs I rate him that highly.

My gauge is if another team announced him as signing would it worry me. Unbelievably so if it was Joey.

Devilsatw

He has had one unlucky season last year through injury and people are questioning the signing?? 6 years he been here and he has never let anyone down and give his all.

He’s so strong on the puck and gets a tonne of points,

I’m glad he’s signed. Give your heads a wobble guys.

jenks33

He has had one unlucky season last year through injury and people are questioning the signing?? 6 years he been here and he has never let anyone down and give his all.

He’s so strong on the puck and gets a tonne of points,

I’m glad he’s signed. Give your heads a wobble guys.
I haven’t seen anyone question his ability. It’s his fitness. He missed 11 league games in 2017/18 and 16 league games last season. What if that rises to 20 league games next season? Joey Haddad is simply one of our best players when he’s fully fit. But nobody deserves criticism for questioning his fitness.
Let’s not forgot as well that it’s not as if he’s the same player when he comes back from these injuries. He missed 16 league games last season and let’s be honest he was a shadow of his former self when he did come back.

Gaz G

Absolutely awesome news. He must have turned down some decent money elsewhere. There is no way he didn't get any offers from Europe.

Foxy

I didnt know this was Good Friday lol

Two absolutely brilliant signings. Was really hoping Bownsey would sign but have to admit i had my doubts after the world championships

Wannabe2

Great Great news, two massive signings in one day, both these guys are the backbone to this great team, it means we keep the best coach in the league, and the best netminder, happy days for sure.