Cardiff Devils ENL Sign Alan Armour

Thread starter #1
Cardiff Devils enl are delighted to announce the signing of Alan Armour from Oxford City Stars. After a couple of visits to the capital the highly skilled forward has decided to play his hockey for the Devils for the 2009/2010 season.

"I am very happy with signing Arms, I personally have competed against Alan for over 20 years and attended many hockey camps with him over that time. I'm glad to finally get him on this side of the bridge! We approached Alan last year but he had already committed to Oxford. Arms will add experience to our very young team and help further their development. Alan is also within the top scorers for every team that he plays for. This is a great signing for us" Mark Cuddihy

Statement from Alan Armour….

“When Cudds approached me late last summer I had already agreed to play in Oxford, so I was very happy to get the call days after the season ended this year, he told me about the plans for the club and for the team and asked me to come for a skate in April which I did. It was not an easy decision as I enjoyed my time at Oxford last year and really was torn between signing for my old friend Simon Anderson or taking on a new challenge. Obviously I already knew a lot of the lads from playing against them for many years and they have made me feel very welcome already, the rink is great and the bay area is nice so that I can bring my wife and daughters down for the day and to see me play. Cardiff are always a very well organised tough team to play against particularly in their own rink, I am really pumped about the challenge and confident we can do great things this season. I hope to be able to use my experience to help further develop the very strong crop of Cardiff talent coming through the ranks whilst I will be pushing myself to put up some good numbers to help the team win. Cudds is already putting together a very good team and if he can get all the players we have talked about coupled with the huge signing of Bubbles in goal, we will be well on the way. The team will have to be consistently good this year, the league has improved tenfold with additions of Isle of Wight and Chelmsford on top of well established forces like Invicta who will still want to be up their challenging for honours again. It is shaping up to be another close fought ENL1 season”.

I went to about 5 or 6 of the ENL games last year - and would recommend them to anybody who want a hockey fix on a Saturday night when the Devils are away. They have quite a good skill level and are always feisty with the players certainly playing for self-pride and the shirt.

So Brabon, Manny and Alan Armour are new (positive) signings that I have seen on here. What is the current roster looking like in full? Any chance of Lee Cowmeadow being added to the ranks? It would be a shame to see Lee give up Hockey altogether as his performances at Elite League level last year certainly suggested that he had a lot still to offer.

I certainly look forward to watching more ENL games next year.

Cheers,

John