Cardiff Devils fans regret

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
Just to keep the good old forum going as haven't got any hockey to talk about.

Is there any regrets out there from Devils fans.

Is there a player you regret we didn't sign when it looked like we would?
Is there a game you regret not going to?
Is there a player you regret seeing go?
Is there a game you regret going to?
Is there a player you regret we signed?

You get where i'm coming from.

My regret is not going to Wembley to watch the Play-off Cup Final against Murrayfield.
I watched it live on Grandstand at home and the game was unreal. I was on the edge of my seat shouting at the TV and to be honest with you it was a exhausting watch but the end was glorious. The fans there on that day now have a memory that will live with them forever.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

1. Tony Hand
2. No
3. Craig Weller/ Andrew Hotham
4. The Mauling Steelers gave us at ours
5. Robert Millette, I would have been a better signing.

Gazr76

Is there a player you regret we didn't sign when it looked like we would? Glenn Anderson - But he wanted silly money
Is there a game you regret not going to? Graz 99'ers v Cardiff Devils 7 Sept 2019
Is there a player you regret seeing go? Impossible to name one. Top 4 (in no particular order) : Travis Brigley / Andrew Hotham / Jeff Ulmer / Mike MacWilliam
Is there a game you regret going to? Not really.
Is there a player you regret we signed? Robert Millette, Wannabe2 would have been a better signing.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

1...Kevin conway....2...only missed a handful....3....cooper brothers..and Ben blood...4.....yes, it was a durham game, we lost 10 nil....5....Leigh salters....rinsed our budget in my opinion...waste of space...

tim78

1. Jason Ruff
2. The first devils game, enjoyment of hockey would have start sooner
3. Between Voth, Craig Weller/ Andrew Hotham. all for different reasons
4. Any big mauling or a 3rd placed playoff game
5. Robert Millette, though wannabe he did score (though I recall it was more of a slip into the net forced the puck in)

Temme

Is there a player you regret we didn't sign when it looked like we would? Max Birbraer for the 14/15 season!
Is there a game you regret not going to? The CC semi final(?) come back vs Sheffield either last year or the year before, the only game i've voluntarily missed in about 10 years!!!
Is there a player you regret seeing go? Chris Culligan
Is there a game you regret going to? None
Is there a player you regret we signed? Leigh Salters - what a dissapointment.

NathanG

One for me. Not going to the old WNIR when I was a lot younger. I had the chance to go, just never did. This was a good while before I started going in the BBT era.

kingmo19.1

Is there a player you regret we didn't sign when it looked like we would? No
Is there a game you regret not going to? Comeback game v London where we were 5-0 down.
Is there a player you regret seeing go? Rick Brabant - he could have done a good few more years for us.
Is there a game you regret going to? Play off semi final a few years back where Coventry destroyed us!
Is there a player you regret we signed? Todd Gillingham.