Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Eagles8

Thread starter #201
LAST IN THE SERIES

Hi everyone. Well over the last 17 months every Friday I have posted a Flashback for your entertainment and to keep the Devils hockey vibe going, giving everyone some Devils hockey to watch.

With real time Devils hockey returning next week its time to bow out and end the series for now. I hope you enjoyed the ride.

So I'm going out with a bang with a Flashback I guarantee no one would of seen, well not in this format.

This week we have what is still my favourite match in Devils history, the 2006 Challenge cup final 2nd leg fan edit!

The commercial release of the match was on DVD and the transfer wasn't the best. Also it was a one camera game in a raw footage format. So I thought it would be fun to give it a face lift. So I've taken the footage and enhanced it as follows;

Sharpened/upscaled/contrasted the footage slightly, and re formatted into a true 16.9 widescreen format.

Added a noughties style music intro and start and finish music montages included.

Replays added for key moments of the game.

Motion graphics overlaid.

Scoreboard, clock and PP clock added.

I hope all these enchantments will add to the viewing experience of watching one of the most historic Cardiff Devils matches. Sit back and enjoy the match as you wont have seen it before!!

Enjoy the new season everyone.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

LAST IN THE SERIES

Hi everyone. Well over the last 17 months every Friday I have posted a Flashback for your entertainment and to keep the Devils hockey vibe going, giving everyone some Devils hockey to watch.

With real time Devils hockey returning next week its time to bow out and end the series for now. I hope you enjoyed the ride.

So I'm going out with a bang with a Flashback I guarantee no one would of seen, well not in this format.

This week we have what is still my favourite match in Devils history, the 2006 Challenge cup final 2nd leg fan edit!

The commercial release of the match was on DVD and the transfer wasn't the best. Also it was a one camera game in a raw footage format. So I thought it would be fun to give it a face lift. So I've taken the footage and enhanced it as follows;

Sharpened/upscaled/contrasted the footage slightly, and re formatted into a true 16.9 widescreen format.

Added a noughties style music intro and start and finish music montages included.

I hope all these enchantments will add to the viewing experience of watching one of the most historic Cardiff Devils matches. Sit back and enjoy the match as you wont have seen it before!!

Thankyou Eagles 8 for all your time and effort put into all the flashbacks, some great memories of the past which will stay with us fans forever..

In the spirit of this thread, I watched this yesterday - it still gives me goosebumps :)

Well that was a fantastic game. Reminded me why I was so hooked on the sport from the first match I watched in the old Ice Arena. So much more physical than we see now. More hits and checks in one period than we see all year. A great hatrick from Rempel, Sacratini winning so many face-offs and good old Vother putting in the hits all game.

Eagles8

Thread starter #211
Friday Flashbacks are back! A new season of Devils retro hockey every Friday throughout the summer. Starting with a Challenge Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg v Belfast Giants from 2019, prominently featuring our new signings Joey Martin and Ben Bowns , second leg next week. Enjoy!

Eagles8

Thread starter #213
This weeks Friday Flashback is the first programme of the 1993 BBC Face off series. I'm also posting some bonus video highlights from Jay Latulippe and a match against Basingstoke Bison from 2003.

voth26

LAST IN THE SERIES

Watched this game recently, great to see it more clearly, better sound. Thanks for all the flashback games and especially your time and patience, much appreciated

Eagles8

Thread starter #216
This weeks Flashback is Episode 2 of the 1993 BBC Face Off series and two bonus highlight packages from 1999 v Bracknell and 2002 v Solihull.

Eagles8

Thread starter #219
This week the 1994 p/o semi final against Fife Flyers and a couple of bonus highlight packages v Basingstoke from 2008 and Newcastle 2007.