Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Eagles8

Thread starter #1
Hi Folks,

A new season of Flashbacks is upon us. I thought this year due to the lack of live hockey I would post full retro games.

This weekend would have been the Quarter Final play off weekend so with that in mind I thought I would post a quarter final from 10 years ago against the Steelers.

I have read with interest the Isolation ice hockey fantasy viewing and will post some of those games over the next few weeks but if anyone would like to see a particular game from the WNIR or BBT era please add a reply and I will see what I can do.

Stay safe everyone

BostonBart22

Hi Folks,

A new season of Flashbacks is upon us. I thought this year due to the lack of live hockey I would post full retro games.

This weekend would have been the Quarter Final play off weekend so with that in mind I thought I would post a quarter final from 10 years ago against the Steelers.

I have read with interest the Isolation ice hockey fantasy viewing and will post some of those games over the next few weeks but if anyone would like to see a particular game from the WNIR or BBT era please add a reply and I will see what I can do.

Stay safe everyone
Good to see that game again, but what a poor crowd at sheffield for such an important game..

jenks33

I always thought Matt Miller was quite underrated during his one season with us. Put up decent numbers and wasn’t afraid to get involved physically. Was he a bit of a marmite character off the ice? I’m sure I heard that somewhere but I might be wrong.

rocketbob

Any game from the 2010 world record breaking season would be great. It would like to see Matzka, Pelle, Weller, Voth, Michel and Stuuu in action once more.

Wannabe2

I always thought Matt Miller was quite underrated during his one season with us. Put up decent numbers and wasn’t afraid to get involved physically. Was he a bit of a marmite character off the ice? I’m sure I heard that somewhere but I might be wrong.
I also liked Miller, as you said he put up decent numbers, was a very feisty player, we played the Stingrays one game at home, and they had a player called Adam Knight who fought Voth and wanted to fight anyone, he was really up for it, he was facing off with Miller when Miller said to him, you can’t fight, to which Knight replied yes I can fight, Miller again said you can’t fight Matt didn’t give a fig about anyone.

jenks33

Burgoyne was another underrated player in my opinion. He was rated when he was with us but you don’t hear his name much when there are conversations about devils teams of old. Maybe because he was with us when we were in the BNL and when the EIHL wasn’t a great standard. A very exciting, up tempo player to watch.

Wannabe2

Burgy was a pure star, he had everything you love to see in a D Man, could hit, took no prisoners, very good positional play, scored a few, was always there for his team mates, and certainly wore the shirt with pride. And what a real gentleman, plus he married a Welsh lass so he was a clever buggar as well.

jenks33

Burgy was a pure star, he had everything you love to see in a D Man, could hit, took no prisoners, very good positional play, scored a few, was always there for his team mates, and certainly wore the shirt with pride. And what a real gentleman, plus he married a Welsh lass so he was a clever buggar as well.
It was good to see him at the rink a few weeks ago. Can’t remember what game it was, it might have been the Friday night game v Sheffield. He hasn’t changed much

Diafol

I've been trying to find footage of the goal Burgy scored in the last second of OT to beat Sheffield, but no joy sadly.

That was my first ever away game - must have been early in 2005 - there were a few coaches put on as we had a "Save Our Rink" protest outside the Sheffield branch of John Lewis.

Ah the memories !

Last edited:

E.D.S.

I've been trying to find footage of the goal Burgy scored in the last second of OT to beat Sheffield, but no joy sadly.

That was my first ever away game - must have been early in 2005 - there were a few coaches put on as we had a "Save Our Rink" protest outside the Sheffield branch of John Lewis.

Ah the memories !
I’d forgotten all about that game. I was there too. What a game!