Cardiff Devils v Fife Flyers - Sat 18 Nov 2017 - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Temme

So it was the wrong call that cost us the game. Im glad Paris has been vindicated. I just don't understand some of the criticism of him both on this play and his ability in general. I could not see that he had done anything wrong at all. I also think he is a really skillful player who is great to watch. The way we imploded after losing him suggests he is an important member of the team.
Nope.

The team choking a 5-1 lead cost us the game.

We could lost 5 players and still shouldn't throw a 5 goal lead away against Fife, at home.

The team switched off long before Paris got ejected and managed to suddenly switch on again with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd, probably coasting for Sunday's tougher game in Nottingham (which is slightly understandable, but also grossly unacceptable...)

Rempel16

Three powerplay goals conceded on the 5 minute major penalty had a massive impact.

We were 5-1 up and coasting. I would be willing to bet that we would have seen that game off were it not for that major penalty being called.

We were 5-1 up and coasting. I would be willing to bet that we would have seen that game off were it not for that major penalty being called.
Your right, which makes it worse, the fact that a group of professionals could react in such a poor manner. All our important games will probably involve our competitors trying to draw a penalty on us, let’s face it that’ll probably work with most of the officials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slartibartfast

Nope.

The team choking a 5-1 lead cost us the game.

We could lost 5 players and still shouldn't throw a 5 goal lead away against Fife, at home.

The team switched off long before Paris got ejected and managed to suddenly switch on again with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd, probably coasting for Sunday's tougher game in Nottingham (which is slightly understandable, but also grossly unacceptable...)
All true but what I meant to say was that the 5 minute penalty had a big effect. If I remember correctly I think they scored 3 goals in that time. I remember a game a few months ago where we had a 5 minute powerplay and it totally turned the match in our favour. I think that 5 minutes combined with some other ridiculous penalties did some psychological damage to us. Heads dropped and the game was thrown away. Yes it shouldn't happen. A team seeking a championship cant afford to react like that but they are human.
Im disappointed but not despondent and I certainly dont think any players need replacing as some have suggested.