Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - 26/01/20 - League

Rich Best

This’ll be interesting. Will Nottingham compete. I’m thinking no.

I’ll go with a 3-2 Devils win.
"Will Nottingham compete"? Why wouldn't they? They are still in the mix to win the league and lost last night. They will be well up for it, surely?

Can you explain what you mean?

Mazzoak

I believe their position in the league places a final position in the CC, even if that’s facing Sheffield, as a higher importance than league points at this time. That means they’ll want to win, at home on Wednesday, if that means managing risk to fitness & not showing potential, l think that’s a possibility.

If predicating this makes me seem silly, so be it. -0 % of fucks given.

pjj365

They have held us to a draw on home ice
They'll want the 2 points to advance their leauge ambitions
They'll want to put down a marker/damage our morale going into next Wednesday

Their motivation will be high

Rich Best

I believe their position in the league places a final position in the CC, even if that’s facing Sheffield, as a higher importance than league points at this time. That means they’ll want to win, at home on Wednesday, if that means managing risk to fitness & not showing potential, l think that’s a possibility.

If predicating this makes me seem silly, so be it. -0 % of fucks given.
Watch the language. Not necessary. It does seem like you thrive on being controversial.

ASHIPP

Don't know the injury situation with Panthers but you can bet they will be fired up tonight. Still in the mix in the top 4... why wouldn't they try hard?

Let's hope the Devils are prepared for this.

Kevin roog

league always comes first . If panthers beat us tonight and steelers Saturday they are right in the mix. they haven’t been in a title race for a few years. They have already won the carabao cup a load of times

hip check

They have held us to a draw on home ice
They'll want the 2 points to advance their leauge ambitions
They'll want to put down a marker/damage our morale going into next Wednesday

Their motivation will be high
Absolutely, why would a professional team challenging near the top of the league give anything less than their best efforts?

Wannabe2

Panthers will be after our scalp big time, they are right in the mix league wise, will want the added bonus of beating us to take over into Wednesday night. Anyone who thinks the Panthers will just lie down is silly, the habit of winning is what every team wants and needs.