Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

All i can say is if 'Carslberg' did hockey nights then, what a night. The league can try too disrupt us as much as they want but the sheer determination and work ethic of the players tonight was first class. And for those of you not at the match, you will have to go a long,long way to see a better goal than Richardson's tonight, absolutely phenomenal. And the young brits were tremendous, i'm still trying too come to terms with what i've just seen. Richardson won the Devils man of the match, a completely deserving and just reward, however, on a night like tonight, something different, something special was needed and personally i think the whole Devils Team could have been awarded Men of the Match.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.............. :shock: :eek: :mrgreen:
Im sooooo gutted i wassnt there, stupid flu! :x pmsl
Was glued to the-inferno all night, thankyou very much the world of the internet! :lol:

Pretty Damn awesome win for the devils i think tbh, tho they cudav got a few more goals in the end they played shockinly well, with that many players down against sheffield tomoro will be great too!
Even with a massive headache i waas jumping up and down with excitement, :D
Red army FTW! Xx

voth26 said:
couldnt get to tonights game sounds like i missed a cracker a BIG well done to all the guys and all the fans who went we support our team all the way. sounds like every player gave 150% and carried on fighting for the puck even when we were behind in the game. the guys certainly seem to have a determind team spirit this year thats why we are THE CARDIFF DEVILS
ohh i love this post, agreed! :D x

Just got back and my head is banging but hey dont care they played an awesome game! :p

Well done guys!!! Be great if we could repeat it tomorrow....
I see Darnell has been taking tips from Dean Smith both a disgrace imo... :x

looks like ive missed yet another cracker...
Heres hoping the hull game next week will be my 1st game of the season and if we get battered i guess i would have to stop going to games since we seem to have amazing hockey nights when im not there! :lol:
Really really pleased with the result, great effort guys!

What a great game. Matt Towe was imense all every little bit of respect to him for standing up to the bullying antics of Hutchins.
Richardson was well deserved MOM he was every where, his goal was the best i have seen in a while. from his own end through the Squeeler players and past the goalie, great goal.
Jarvis was his usual best and was great getting forward, and got 2 well deserved goals.
Phil Hill well he was great, he hit he scored and even helped out on D and what a pass from G to make that goal,

the whole team were amazing and the young Brits were fantastic, Ben Davies flew round the ice,

Simms saying Legue is the fastest skater in the league on Ice hockey on sky last night?
Miller burnt him a few times as did Smithy.

What a fantastic game bar the very poor officiating which seems to be getting worse, that call on Michel for delay of game was utter bull, if the puck crosses the centre line for the opposition zone then its not delay of game but Darnell was a joke.

Great performance boys and well done to every single player on that ice tonight.

What a night
What a game

A new tough Matt Towe, Even Ben Davies chucked a punch here and there

Great night from what was suppossed to be a Steelers free pass to 2 points

:D :D :D

Great game, great atmosphere! The guys gave 110% and much of the time I didn't even notice we were missing four imports. If they could do it tonight I'm hopeful for tmrw too with an almost full team!! :D :D

what a game, amazing comeback, good to see that the boys don't let their heads drop when we go a goal down. and to top it all off glad to hear a close sell out crowd find their voices, electrifying atmosphere just what the coach orderd :) hats off to the crowd

Ger-Devils

I'm celebrating with lots of alcohol, a dominoes and a devils win!! That performance was outstanding. 4 imports down and credit to the MNL lads. Top effort, never say die attitude and showed what the devils are about! Pleasing to see so many top performances by the whole team tonight. Richardson's goal was class fairplay to him. What was Towe thinking? The guy has becombe possesed lately? If he has, then top stuff! My mate won the shirt off his back again! We're bringing 10 new fans down for the Belfast game in October(my 24th birthday so should be fun). Minibus etc. Looking forward to the next game and seeing our team progress.

I wish I run Cruickshank over in the car park before the match when they were warming up trying to play football! :lol:

What a game I was on the edge of my seat all night. Everyone of them put their heart and soul into that match tonight. It was a joy to watch and be part of, with all the clapping and shouting well done block 2 we were by far the loudest block there tonight with a lot of help from the boys at the back. Well Done Devils more of the same tomorrow Please!!!! :D

I don't care what anyone says we have the best atmosphere in the whole league without doubt. Awesome game, awesome fans and Mark Richardsons goal was awesome aswell, goal of the season for me so far :D well done guys. Right, Hard day, Hard day chanting for the Devils in the stands, i think i've earned my Bowtime, night all im gonna chill out with a can and reflect on tonights win, larvely. ;)

Awesome effort by every single one of the Devils players tonight! Great atmosphere and it was great to see how happy the guys were at the end, they knew how much they deserved that win! All the players stepping up from the ENL can hold their heads up high too. I expected Sheffield to target Smith as he was coming back from an injury but it seemed that their game plan was to go for our young Brits, not that it worked, I don't think they expected them to fight back and stand up for each other. Towe and Hutchins was a bit of a miss match but fair play to Towe for going for it. Lovely goal by Richardson too, straight through all of them, he was immense tonight! Nottingham should have thrown everything they had at him to try and get him to stay. Same again tomorrow please!

What I put on THF

Awesome effort by every single one of the Devils players tonight! Great atmosphere and it was great to see how happy the guys were at the end, they knew how much they deserved that win!

All the guys stepping up from the ENL can hold their heads up high too. Saw plenty of ice time and didn't look out of place at all.

I expected Sheffield to target Smith as he was coming back from an injury but it seemed that their game plan was to go for our young Brits with a sly punch here and there, not that it worked, I don't think they expected them to fight back and stand up for each other.

Towe and Hutchins was a bit of a miss match but fair play to Towe for going for it. Come on Hutchins though, pick on someone your own size.

Lovely goal by Richardson too, straight through all of Sheffields players, the best goal I've seen in a long time. Nottingham should have thrown everything they had at him to try and get him to stay as he looks a quality player on D. He was immense tonight.

It was hard to pick a man of the match but I think Richardson deserved it, could have equally have been Jarvis too though. Mark Smith looked dangerous all the time, scored a nice rebound off his own shot and set one up on a plate for Jarvis with a lovely pass. Tylor Michel looks like a great signing, he was signed for our 3rd line but he wouldn't look out of place on anyone in the league's first line. And Ben Davies and Jamie Hayes impress me every game. I think Ben has the potential to be the best player Cardiff have ever produced, he's at a good level now and he's just 18. Providing he doesn't get injured and keeps working hard he's going to be an excellent player for hopefully Cardiff and GB.

Same again tomorrow please!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #60
This is going to be a bit rambling, but bugger it :)

If you decided not to come to the game tonight because we were 5 players down, i'm afraid you missed one of the best team performances for a long, long time!

6 imports vs 10 and I thought we were shafted, was hoping for damage limitation at best, outright drubbing at worst, but by God did we go out there and give it to Sheffield!

The Devils were the better team on the night, and apart from Hutchins trying to fight Davies, and eventually fighting Towe, it was nice to see a game not turn into a riot against the Steelers. Not really sure the Steelers deserved the 1 point, Darnell either made a very big mistake, or they've changed the rules...

Although the whole team played really well, there were some standouts, although i'm thinking maybe MoTM should have been to the entire team? :lol:

Richardson and his wonder goal were absolutely sublime, possibly one of the best signings this off season, he's ace on defence, and ace going forwards, i'm sure the highlight reel will be on the new Devils website shortly.

Jarvis looked absolutely phenomenal tonight, I knew he was quick, but that quick!? His goal from Smith and Miller was superb. We were lamenting the loss of Teplitsky, but Richardson and Jarvis are most certainly worthy replacements.

Michel, signed as the 3rd line, but looks comfortable playing on any line, which I think he did tonight? Our lines were a bit of a mix, but this guy doesn't seem to give up fighting for anything!

Smith was looking quick tonight and i've no doubt that we'll soon see him scoring regularly, the first line appears to be starting to click and I think we'll soon be on fire :)

And finally, a massive shout out to ALL the brit players tonight, Towe, Davies and Hayes don't look out of place at all. If Davies can bulk up a bit he's almost certain to be scoring a whole bunch of goals, they've got the possession in the opposing zone, but I guess maybe we're slightly on the small side. Cracking signings though, and fair play to Towe for sticking up for Davies when the moron Hutchins went for him.

More of the same tomorrow please :)

Chris.