Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll hopefully be running MNL for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Devils will be without Brad Voth who is banned for 2 games for giving Adam Knight a beating twice in one night, apparently it's just not fair :)

I think Steelers are at full strength? *looks at Holl_5 our resident friendly Steeler*

Chris.

Since I've been called...Devils 2-4 Steelers!

Steelers should be at full stength depending on Mark Thomas who apparently had the flu after playing in Belfast. *Sceptical Holl_5 - even though he's one of my favourites!*

Personally, Steelers have had a 100% record since I've lived in Cardiff. It's got to end soon... :cry:

I shall try and stay sober for this one! Hmmm :lol:

Koop11

I think we have the depth in the squad to win this game but we’re with Voth, Stoney and possible Mark Smith out it is not going to be easy at all.

I feel Sheffield are weaker on paper this year but still more than competitive. If we generate the atmosphere I think we can act as an added player. Tough game but I think and OT win for Devils if we play to our full potential with a short bench.

Tickets seem to be going pretty well as well. Are the stading tickets still allocated to a seat for the purposes of the seating chart or has our capacity gone up as a result of the stading allocation?

Well I lied. I can't see Dowd playing if he's in hospital today with flu like symtoms - it must be serious! Apparently a nasty bug has been through the squad over the last week or so.

Basiuk is also doubt, but I think he'll play. He missed the game last night but I presume as a precaution.

Hopefully both Farmer and Haywood will be playing in at least the home game if we are short of players.

ASHIPP

Re:

Holl_5 said:
Well I lied. I can't see Dowd playing if he's in hospital today with flu like symtoms - it must be serious! Apparently a nasty bug has been through the squad over the last week or so.

Basiuk is also doubt, but I think he'll play. He missed the game last night but I presume as a precaution.

Hopefully both Farmer and Haywood will be playing in at least the home game if we are short of players.
Holl_5, at this rate we'll be lucky to have any Steelers or Devils on the ice! Hope your players are recovered and fit by the weekend. The Steelers games are always exciting....preferably with a reasonably full squad!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #10
Looks like we may be lacking an MNL controller for this weekend!

Is there anyone out there that cannot make the game on Saturday and would be willing to receive a shedload of texts and update MNL for us?

Chris.

Wannabe2

Re:

Holl_5 said:

Who did you play last night, and who is Farmer and Haywood???????

Re: Re:

ASHIPP said:
Holl_5 said:

Holl_5, at this rate we'll be lucky to have any Steelers or Devils on the ice! Hope your players are recovered and fit by the weekend. The Steelers games are always exciting....preferably with a reasonably full squad!
I don't. The more steelers are down the better chance we have of winning......

Obviously I hope the bug/illness is not serious- get well soon (well monday onwards)

ASHIPP

samidevils said:
ASHIPP said:
Holl_5 said:

I don't. The more steelers are down the better chance we have of winning......

Obviously I hope the bug/illness is not serious- get well soon (well monday onwards)
Why? Don't the Devils stand a good chance anyway? Doesn't show a lot of confidence in the Guys if we have to rely on the rival roster being smaller to increase our chances! The assumption doesn't always work anyway.....the Devils were very short-benched against Newcastle and Hull ( both teams only missing 1 player) and still managed to win games!

Why? Don't the Devils stand a good chance anyway? Doesn't show a lot of confidence in the Guys if we have to rely on the rival roster being smaller to increase our chances! The assumption doesn't always work anyway.....the Devils were very short-benched against Newcastle and Hull ( both teams only missing 1 player) and still managed to win games

When we are Stone and Voth down and possibly Smith - so the rival roster might be smaller but so is ours. I have full confidence in our team, however every bit helps.

Your right, it doesn't mean a 100% win.. I didn't say it was a dead cert, but what I said was the chances would be improved.

Gazza272

Wannabe2 said:
Holl_5 said:

Who did you play last night, and who is Farmer and Haywood???????
Steelers played the Scimitars in a challenge match and Farmer and Haywood are two Scimitar players who guested for the Steelers in pre season, and appear to be on a two way.

Thanks.

I understand Sami's point of view completely. I'd rather play a Devils team without Smith and Voth as they're 2 main threats. Dowd was or main threat last season but from pre-season he's either unfit or injured as his ice time was much less!

But if Basiuk's fit I'm sure he'll be targeting Smith's shoulder anyway... ;)

Gaz said something interesting yesterday (which made a change :lol:) that being a forward short we'll probably find just the right line combinations that click and that will kick start our season.

Closet. Steeler.

Apparently Finny has now been banned for Travesty of game, before the face off, for daring to suggest exploiting a loophole in Uncle Bob s ficticious rule book, and conspiring with others to do so in a thread he started on the subject