Cardiff NIHL1 v Solent Devils

Kipper

Thread starter #1
After all the controversy the NIHL1 team play their first home game of the season on Saturday at 7pm. I am sure they would appreciate support

Could also be the first outing for sam smith and josh haslam ( who i here has also signed )

but nothing on the Hockey Forum ? two big guys coming in can only strengthen the team ,

should be interesting as solent gave chelmsford a good game last week , :|

First Home Game for Cardiff NIHL1.

Given the trials and tribulations over the Summer, these guys could really do with your support.

All these guys want to do us play hockey and you will be royally entertained.

Attachments

Two NIHL games cost the same as one Elite game, that's set at a price where people will not go due to cost. Attendences have never been great, even when cost wasn't a factor.

I know who this pricing strategy reminds me of.

Wow that's a hike on last years price . Won't get bums on seats at that price ! As much as I support them I would think I would be saving my money for the first team games !!!

Ocko

Absolutely extortionate prices. The DCF will be lucky to get anything more than just the family of the players in.

bluedevil said:
Two NIHL games cost the same as one Elite game, that's set at a price where people will not go due to cost. Attendences have never been great, even when cost wasn't a factor.

I know who this pricing strategy reminds me of.
If Devils home games do actually sell out there may be some extra takers to get their hockey fix, but agree with you on pricing strategy

Had a look around and Bristol pitbulls charge £6.00 adult £3.00 kids .... Haringey racers is £8 adults kids free ! Somebody must revisit this price structure ?? What is the concession price ??

maccab5 said:
does seem expensive seeing as the kids are all paying for themselves now.
Seems like last seasons Devils strategy, its all about the money when it should be all about the development of the kids and their enjoyment of the sport

wildthing74

Admittedly I don't get to many each season due to Devils away games but I can't see my family paying £25 to go. They need all the support after the turmoil of the summer but wring way to go about it.

Ocko

Come on guys, this is a charidee... Think of the families who will benefit!*

*Ragan's family, who will still be be able to drive around in his Porsche, because it will pay off his debt he created.

The price is somewhat of a disappointment :shock: We are a family of 5 and my sister-in-law who also attends again is a family of 5. Her friend who she persuades to attend is a family of 4!! Although it is a great night of entertainment for the whole family the previous cost was an attractive means of persuading friends, relatives etc to attend.

The cost was also taken into account when persuading our children's field hockey club to go to a game! When most supporters are unable/unwilling to attend 2 games of hockey on a weekend, I would have thought a more attractive price at the door would have been a better business move!

A suitable price will also be a invitation to introduce those who have never experienced hockey!

The players deserve as much support as possible as they are the "2nd" hockey team in Cardiff. A large crowd can make a difference to the morale of the players and score. I really hope the price "strategy" will be revisited.

Kipper

Thread starter #16
Far too expensive for a second team out of a rink in the 3rd tier of hockey. Should be £5 max adults with £3 concessions. The proposed pricing strategy will be self defeating. I know how sensitive pricing us from running a semi pro rugby club and this is above the tipping point where people will not attend

I have to agree. I would have liked to have seen a price of £5 to try and get more bums on seats. Better to have 75 fans pay a fiver than 50 fans pay £7.50 IMHO

Kipper said:
Far too expensive for a second team out of a rink in the 3rd tier of hockey. Should be £5 max adults with £3 concessions. The proposed pricing strategy will be self defeating. I know how sensitive pricing us from running a semi pro rugby club and this is above the tipping point where people will not attend
Has the stamp of a crap businessman all over it

Kipper said:
Thats only 9.50 less than was charged for EIHL last year so it cost 9.50 more per ticket to not pay players at EIHL level than it does at NIHL level when all the players pay to play

Has the stamp of a crap businessman all over it[/quote]

Have to agree with all but this comment being made about the prices and hope that there is a review of the prices made by the committee rather quickly but does it really need comments like this !
No matter what happens some people just can not move on :(